• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What A shot

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
There was an incident many years ago when Chappelli posted an unguarded helmet at midwicket in an attempt to get 'someone' to play against the spin in order to get the 'bonus' 5.

I have no idea whether the ruse worked either way.

David Constant once told me of an incident when a keeper threw off his gloves and pursued a ball in the general direction of fine leg. He threw it back in - to slip, who had donned the gauntlets himself.

Now you are allowed to change keepers but you have to inform both umpires and both batsmen (and presumably the captain of the opposition) beforehand.

Result? 5 runs to the batsman and an after-dinner anecdote to David.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
This actually happened in my rep cricket. The ball hit the Helmet which was behind the keeper and then went over the 4 line. I don't know how many runs were given though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There was an incident many years ago when Chappelli posted an unguarded helmet at midwicket in an attempt to get 'someone' to play against the spin in order to get the 'bonus' 5.
I heard it was Brearly?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
This actually happened in my rep cricket. The ball hit the Helmet which was behind the keeper and then went over the 4 line. I don't know how many runs were given though.
I would guess 5 as I think it is a dead ball once it hits the helmet, but Eyes will probably use it as an excuse to ask her friend to find out the answer :D ;) :D

Kimbo

International Debutant
I would guess 5 as I think it is a dead ball once it hits the helmet, but Eyes will probably use it as an excuse to ask her friend to find out the answer
I'm sure she will!!!
Spose she'll be trying for another kiss on the cheek :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Point rejected if I can't have Grimsby (I've changed my signature as 2-1 is a bit out of date now!)