• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Darrel Hair be officially fined and banned ?

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Now that Inzy has been pronounced not guilty but still docked 4 ODI for bringing the game into disrepute - how about the officious Darrel Hair with all "official" backing ?

Me thinks he should be officially fined and banned as well for what to proved to be an erroneous and "prejudiced" action

Would Darrel Hair have taken the same stance if Glenn Mc Grath had the ball ?

---Off with his head !! :@ :@

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hair's career is effectively over anyway. None of the four sub-continental teams will wear him standing, SA will almost certainly back India for political reasons & he can't stand in tests featuring Oz. That leaves him with us, The Windies & NZ. Not much of a career to be had there.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No, he made his decision. The fact that others deemed his opinion to be wrong doesnt mean he has done anything against the rules even if he did deal with the situation with a lack of tact.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
I would ban Harper straight away after Inzamam was proven innocent, Harper should have been aware beforehand that Pakistan had already requested the ICC not to name him during their matches due to the previous controversial decisions he had made againt the asians. So how could he label pakistan as cheats without any evidence in such circumstances??? I dont know what the ICC has in mind for him, if they decide to keep him i still think his decisions will be biased.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
BoyBrumby said:
Hair's career is effectively over anyway. None of the four sub-continental teams will wear him standing, SA will almost certainly back India for political reasons & he can't stand in tests featuring Oz. That leaves him with us, The Windies & NZ. Not much of a career to be had there.

TBH, I don't think India and Bangladesh will out and out refuse to play in his matches. Pakistan and SL might, but India have already said that they wouldn't do that.

The current Indian board is trying to chummy up a bit to Aussies and English, whereas Dalmiya just wanted to stick it to them. India, England and Australia bring the most money, and I have a feeling that in the next five-six years, the alliances will be based around that, rather than a region or race.

Thats just me though.

grecian

godofcricket said:
I would ban Harper straight away after Inzamam was proven innocent, Harper should have been aware beforehand that Pakistan had already requested the ICC not to name him during their matches due to the previous controversial decisions he had made againt the asians. So how could he label pakistan as cheats without any evidence in such circumstances??? I dont know what the ICC has in mind for him, if they decide to keep him i still think his decisions will be biased.
I think banning Daryl Harper will be very harsh in this case.

Couldn't this post have gone in the "Ball tampering thread", do we need lots of threads on this issue?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
silentstriker said:
TBH, I don't think India and Bangladesh will out and out refuse to play in his matches. Pakistan and SL might, but India have already said that they wouldn't do that.

The current Indian board is trying to chummy up a bit to Aussies and English, whereas Dalmiya just wanted to stick it to them. India, England and Australia bring the most money, and I have a feeling that in the next five-six years, the alliances will be based around that, rather than a region or race.

Thats just me though.
Haven't India more or less said they don't want him at the Champions Trophy tho? I know it was couched in terms of "safety", but that's merely a political politeness, obviously.

& alliances will certainly be about the bottom line (money), which I alluded to when I suggested SA would support India. After the Mike Denniss affair & the subsequent "unofficial test" I'm in no doubts as to them knowing where their bread's buttered.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
BoyBrumby said:
Haven't India more or less said they don't want him at the Champions Trophy tho? I know it was couched in terms of "safety", but that's merely a political politeness, obviously.

I think that the Indian board just doesn't want controversy right now. I don't believe that they will object to Hair umpiring their matches in the future. I could be wrong, but India just kind of seems to be giving lukewarm support to Pakistan because thats what the usually do.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
grecian said:

Couldn't this post have gone in the "Ball tampering thread", do we need lots of threads on this issue?
I love the way that people get caught up in their own rabidity to such an extent that they don't even remember what they're arguing about.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
grecian said:

Well i am not just talking about this case, this umpire has a history of very controversial decisions, this case was extreme.

grecian

godofcricket said:
Well i am not just talking about this case, this umpire has a history of very controversial decisions, this case was extreme.
I think the Harper and Hair thing is what I was complaining about TBH:p

Even though I think Misbah-ul-haq should be banned over this farce too.:ph34r:

godofcricket

State 12th Man
grecian said:
I think the Harper and Hair thing is what I was complaining about TBH:p

Even though I think Misbah-ul-haq should be banned over this farce too.:ph34r:
:D hahah. yeah my mistake sorry about that. Hair, how could i forget the name :)

FRAZ

International Captain
Overall this whole situation was quite necessary too because it is an indication that no more "Hairs are needed in the world of cricket" . We need umpires with a sane ideology about the game and a "helpful and friendly nature for 'all' the people .
Morale of a team is quite an important thing and one could clearly witness that Pakistani Morale fell right after they witnessed that Hair is officiating in the series .
I opened up an old thread when "I saw in the third test against England" that Hair is officiating and said that "I reject the outcome of the series" and I am surprised at all that the people who were speaking against me are not digging that thread out .
"A job partially well done by ICC" .... Inzamam should have taken the team out right away from the field (If eventually he wanted to not to continue) . Inzamam deserved the four match ban penalty IMHO . And I mentioned "Partially" earlier because the individuals like "Hair" should not just walk away with "nothing" . Apart from ICC panel ,civil courts are there too ,and I guess all the "concerned with Hair" cricket boards of the world should pursue this matter with as much force as possible and diminish his name from the decent books of cricket . The way "some" media insultingly and wrongfully reacted against Inzamam (even put Shoaib under pressure by showing a simple ball in his hand) is not tolerable at all . And discussing Hair is not needed at all because decent and honest societies don't even wanna take the bad chapters of the "gentleman's game" . And I think this Hair saga is still hot which this "low life" and good for nothing "Trash head " needs ,to feed upon his "famous hood" by writing a trashy book or whatever ... Loser i.e. Hair !!!

grecian

Yes, you reject the result of this series, I'll reject the result of the series in Pakistan, because of the contribution of Shabbir Ahmed. Actually the umpires acted in the rules there too, I.E., let him carry on bowling even though we know hes chucking it.

Another stupid rule perhaps, did you complain about that one?

FRAZ

International Captain
grecian said:
Yes, you reject the result of this series, I'll reject the result of the series in Pakistan, because of the contribution of Shabbir Ahmed. Actually the umpires acted in the rules there too, I.E., let him carry on bowling even though we know hes chucking it.

Another stupid rule perhaps, did you complain about that one?
So Where did Shabbir ended up eventualy . HA !!! Job well done and deserved in the end . And mind you that after the so called last series "it was Shoaib who was declared by the English captain as the difference b/w the two sides" .
And oh yeah the lapses included that "unwanted out of Inzamam" and also oh yeah I remember that "throw at Inzamam with 'not a good intention' to display the frustration". Yup I did complain about that "obstruction out" . Hmmm Morale thing that you wanna say was clearly visible b/w the two sides ,1. Pakistan at home in the last series against England and 2. Pakistan away against England right after having the 2nd rank in the wrold .
I am not ranting like some over here with an aspect of "colorism" or "favoritism" in my mind , The problem is HAIR , and it has become more visible right after the hearing . SO accept the reality that he was piece of trash and a useless individual (calling him individual instead of a 'person' b'coz human hood is far away from him) . Especially after all what is around us these "individuals" are there to show the light to the gasoline .. Crapy trash and stupid "pig" , who is well humiliated in the hearing and deserves the civil prison IMHO . It's not just me but also Imran who described him as "Mini Hitler" ...

Last edited:

grecian

Shabbir took key wickets in the second innings of the first match, simple to work out if he hadn't, England may have won the match and series.

Pakistan may have won the series without Hair, but its all utter conjecture, you could say it about all series.

Hair acted within the rules, get over it. I personally don't think the guy should umpire an international match again hes pish-poor, but blaming him for series defeat just seems churlish.

I don't want to be accused of elitism by Sanz, but I have to say much of your post was incomphrehensible,

And oh yeah the lapses included that "unwanted out of Inzamam" and also oh yeah I remembered that "throw at Inzamam with 'not a good intention' to display the frustration. Yup I did complain about that "obstruction out" . Hmmm Morale thing that you wanna say was clearly visible b/w the two sides ,1. Pakistan at home in the last series in England and 2. Pakistan away against England right after having the 2nd rank in the wrold .
Particularly this bit?

FRAZ

International Captain
grecian said:
I have to say much of your post was incomphrehensible,
"Truth hurts mode" was the best description of the post I guess !!! Shabbir was ended and ok he was ended what else you wanna come out with this "Shabbir bit" ,Wanna get him hanged? Human to human wise Shabbir did not do any harm intentionaly like Hair ? For goodness sake don't beat the dead horse .. What has Shabbir done now to you or any fan?He was pushed out of the game , What else do you want to do with him ? Let him live please . Accept my humble appology on behalf of Shabbir and don't hurt him any more and he did not do any thing with the "hitler's way " of thinking . Pleaseeeeee

grecian

FRAZ said:
"Truth hurts mode" was the best description of the post I guess !!! Shabbir was ended and ok he was ended what else you wanna come out with this "Shabbir bit" ,Wanna get him hanged? Human to human wise Shabbir did not do any harm intentionaly like Hair ? For goodness sake don't beat the dead horse .. What has Shabbir done now to you or any fan?He was pushed out of the game , What else do you want to do with him ? Let him live please . Accept my humble appology on behalf of Shabbir and don't hurt him any more and he did not do any thing with the "hitler's way " of thinking . Pleaseeeeee
Personally I don't want him hanged, just wish he hadn't played in that match. I also don't want him sent to civil gaol. I think its fairly hard to say what anyone does is intentional, unless your in that persons mind.

I will say Shabbir bowled one of the worse spells I've seen in Test matches in the first innings of the match in question, then when he must have realised he was finished as a cricketer went back to his olde style, which had seen him banned before, for the second.

Intentional, who knows?