• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African Under 19s

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys im trying to put together a squad for the South African Under 19s for CW Cricket. But i can't find any tour they went on since the last Youth World. Also i can find any links to the South African Under 19 Championships (i heard there was one). If anyone can help me find these links or come up with a squad that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Hey guys im trying to put together a squad for the South African Under 19s for CW Cricket. But i can't find any tour they went on since the last Youth World. Also i can find any links to the South African Under 19 Championships (i heard there was one). If anyone can help me find these links or come up with a squad that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
Heading out now, will try and help later

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What year are we in for CW Cricket, and does it matter with regard to player ages?

If you are trying to be accurate with real life current players, you have picked a tough one with SA. Most of the players are pretty low profile. Very few will play for a Franchise team and most will be just out of School Cricket (which is where they play a lot of their top level cricket). Also you would have to get the quota system correct, with 6-7 of the 14 man squad being players of colour. This is tough without access to photos.

This will be the best place to start.

39 man squad for the 2008 U19 WC. But Im guessing some of them will be very young.

http://www.cricket.co.za/default.asp?aId=191358&sportCategory=csa

This is also useful. A list of the current SA Schools U'19s and SA Colts U'19s

http://www.cricket.co.za/default.asp?cId=12935

Also, all of this years U'19 WC squad are still under 20. With Brett Thompson, Wayne Parnelle, Richard Levi and Craig Kieswetter are all still under 19.

Good luck with it, and I hope after giving you this info I get picked :D

brockley

International Captain
Charminda whats the go with the australia under 19 side.
I know we are meant to have a under 18 squad for 2008 not yet announced.Are we playing anyone over the next 12 months,or not to world cup 2008.
The CA should do more to promote under age overseas competition.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
brockley said:
Charminda whats the go with the australia under 19 side.
I know we are meant to have a under 18 squad for 2008 not yet announced.Are we playing anyone over the next 12 months,or not to world cup 2008.
The CA should do more to promote under age overseas competition.
I get the feeling that CA is concentrating more on the next generation of national team, who will play as soon as this team retires. CA seems to be focusing more on the Academy (who are generally FC rookies these day, not Under 19 players) rather then Under 19s. Im pretty sure there will be an Under 19 tour though, somewhere down the line.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
What year are we in for CW Cricket, and does it matter with regard to player ages?

If you are trying to be accurate with real life current players, you have picked a tough one with SA. Most of the players are pretty low profile. Very few will play for a Franchise team and most will be just out of School Cricket (which is where they play a lot of their top level cricket). Also you would have to get the quota system correct, with 6-7 of the 14 man squad being players of colour. This is tough without access to photos.

This will be the best place to start.

39 man squad for the 2008 U19 WC. But Im guessing some of them will be very young.

http://www.cricket.co.za/default.asp?aId=191358&sportCategory=csa

This is also useful. A list of the current SA Schools U'19s and SA Colts U'19s

http://www.cricket.co.za/default.asp?cId=12935

Also, all of this years U'19 WC squad are still under 20. With Brett Thompson, Wayne Parnelle, Richard Levi and Craig Kieswetter are all still under 19.

Good luck with it, and I hope after giving you this info I get picked :D
Thanks for the help much appreciated.

For selection get into the FC team and help yourself :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
brockley said:
By the way excuse my ignorance but what is CW Cricket.
Cheers aussie and charminda.
Also known as CW XI. It's a simulation which allows CW members play first-class and international cricket in CWLand, as the 11th Test country. (Further FAQ)

Good fun.