• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jean Symes

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Jean Symes. This is a kid from Gauteng, SA, and looks extremely impressive. He has just racked up 170 (132), and has scored 190 at nearly a run a ball. The most amazing thing is that he 19 years old, and probably a future SA bat. What do you guys think?

Langeveldt

Soutie
PhoenixFire said:
Jean Symes. This is a kid from Gauteng, SA, and looks extremely impressive. He has just racked up 170 (132), and has scored 190 at nearly a run a ball. The most amazing thing is that he 19 years old, and probably a future SA bat. What do you guys think?
Yeah he looks good, played in the U19 world cup if I remember.. However time will tell, and I expect him to get a franchise contract next season, then we'll know more about his game

Langeveldt

Soutie
BoyBrumby said:
Doesn't happen to have a British passport, does he? :ph34r:
Who needs a british passport? Spect his granny has a Dutch passport and before you know it he'll be wearing the 3 lions and traahna speak lahk Kuvinn..

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Made his debut for the Highveld Lions today and was dimissed for 19 by Robin Peterson. :)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Bit of déjà vu for young Symes, second innings today dismissed by Robbie P for 3.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Being done twice in a game by Robbie P should be enough to write him off as not having any ability whatsoever. Wait for that to come back and bite me.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Being done twice in a game by Robbie P should be enough to write him off as not having any ability whatsoever. Wait for that to come back and bite me.
It hasn't bitten you yet, but it's pretty close. 4 100s in 10 FC Matches, with an average of 52, and wait for it..............

A strike rate of 77.93

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
It hasn't bitten you yet, but it's pretty close. 4 100s in 10 FC Matches, with an average of 52, and wait for it..............

A strike rate of 77.93
He's only playing inter-provincial cricket though. An impressive record for a player of his age, but he's not played against really decent players yet.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Its interesting. Symes is one of those names you hear mentioned but Ive never seen him play and nor do I know close enough about him to form an opinion.

From what I read he sounds talented.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

A strike rate of 77.93
Strike rates such as that are pretty much the ‘norm’ for any decent to good cricketer in provincial cricket. Young Richard Levi and Reeza Hendricks both have similar strike rates and any first class cricketer who goes back to that standard usually thumps the attacks around at a good lick. The pitches from what I know are always very good for batting but Symes, Levi, Dean Elgar and Hendricks are supposedly the four top guys coming through in South African cricket, with the latter two already pushing for permanent selection for their respected franchise sides.

Last edited: