• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 8 - First Class Sim

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the past week the board has voted overwhelmingly in favour of going back to VC4 for First Class next season. We feel the set up and options with ITC dont suit World Club Cricket and quite frankly using that sim has just caused too many problems. From having to move players around squads, the stats being stuffed up cause of 2nd XI and bowlers not bowling because it doesnt like 5 bowlers in one team.

We have decided to release this now as people in the coming month or so will start to think about their trading options for season 8 and knowing what sim we will be using is an important piece of information.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Please, please, please, please go back to VC4.

I feel that the same sim needs to be run for both competitions. While I applaud the effort by WCC to create more exciting games using ITC, it just hasn't been the same without VC4 for the FC games.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Please, please, please, please go back to VC4.

I feel that the same sim needs to be run for both competitions. While I applaud the effort by WCC to create more exciting games using ITC, it just hasn't been the same without VC4 for the FC games.
yeh thats definitley a factor. ITC is a good sim for CWXI but for us its probably not right. Given how good a lot of the bowlers in WCC are we are seeing stupidly good performances from the same players every week, with VC4 we dont see that sort of domination so consistently...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
yeh thats definitley a factor. ITC is a good sim for CWXI but for us its probably not right. Given how good a lot of the bowlers in WCC are we are seeing stupidly good performances from the same players every week, with VC4 we dont see that sort of domination so consistently...
Plus Jenkins got a lot more runs on VC4.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I prefer ITC over VC4, but it looks like im in the minority, i blame VC4 for Colts below par performance in Divison One. I was hoping you guys were looking for a new sim for One Day Cricket to go with ITC in FC, but it seems your doing it the other way.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I don't know. ITC is hugely in favour of bowlers. Obviously this is my first season in WCC (and I'm only a 2nd XI manager) but I've used VC4 before outside of CW and it seems much better on the batsmen.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
If you're interested, I'm in the business of programming a cricket sim at the moment. Admittedly it still has some way to go in determining how statistics should translate into performance, but I think it's fairly decent. It may come in use for season 9?

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Samuel_Vimes said:
If you're interested, I'm in the business of programming a cricket sim at the moment. Admittedly it still has some way to go in determining how statistics should translate into performance, but I think it's fairly decent.
As long as Jenkins scores a lot of runs I'll be happy with it.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
If you're interested, I'm in the business of programming a cricket sim at the moment. Admittedly it still has some way to go in determining how statistics should translate into performance, but I think it's fairly decent. It may come in use for season 9?
Sounds promising.. i think something like this is where WCC should be heading... We had the chance a few seasons back but Sriram was unable to be around to help with any issues we had with the sim and it had to be scrapped...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
good to be going back to VC4. get rid of all that hopeless work and decision making of that blewy fellow

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:
Sounds promising.. i think something like this is where WCC should be heading... We had the chance a few seasons back but Sriram was unable to be around to help with any issues we had with the sim and it had to be scrapped...
Yaeh that totally rocked to be honest. The sim wasn't too good unfortunately but the player searches and statistics and everything was awesome. If something like that could again be implemented it'd be awesome.

Simon

Samuel_Vimes said:
didnt see this before but it is certainly something we'd look at. Next time i see you on msn ill have a word with you...

Dravid

International Captain
Never used ITC, but have used VC4 a few times before and seems to be a pretty powerful sim. Wouldn't mind the move myself.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem was that Sriram wasnt around to fix the problems that we found... if he was it would have developed into a perfect sim...