• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Without Mcgrath.....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think they will be affected that much...

Glenn will be around for a while yet and Dizzy(Gillespie) is developing into a top bowler..
We also have alot of good young guys coming through...

But i honestly think it will be a while before he goes....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
McGrath will be around till the next world cuop (the one after this one) :) But there is Bracken, Dizzy, Lee, Williams and numerous others that are all under 30 still

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by age_master
McGrath will be around till the next world cuop (the one after this one) :) But there is Bracken, Dizzy, Lee, Williams and numerous others that are all under 30 still
None of the bowlers you mentioned are in McGrath's class. He and Warne have almost singlehandedly carried Aussies to several series victories with the others at best performing assisting roles. If and when these two retire, there will be a big hole in the Aussie attack and drastically reduced potency. McGraths and Warnes do not grow on every tree, you know. That's why they are special.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by age_master
McGrath will be around till the next world cuop (the one after this one)
Not in 4 and a half years he won't, and I think Bichel is 32 as well.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
It would leave a big hole in the Aussie attack, more so than if Warne was missing. I'm sure Gillespie would stand up and be counted but there is still a question mark over the rest. Lee has not come back weel after his elbow injury. Bichel has played above himself in recent times and can only have 2 years or so left in him. Williams is very good but not so young. Others of note are Inness, Noffke, Nash, Rofe and Nicholson but they are unknown quanitities at the highest level.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Son't forget Bracken and Stuart Clark as well... I mean people forget Bracken is only 23 or something like that...

[Edited on 29/10/2002 by Gregory Blewett]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stuart Clark is the one i have high hopes for. when he finally makes the Australian side and gets some experience he will be a great test bowler. Bracken is also very good. Australia's fast bowling future doesnt lie with brett lee, the selectors have proved they wont put up with poor performances from anyone. His head is next on the chopping block.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i would certainly hope that steve waugh is dropped before brett lee - he has more wickets and almost as many runs:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem with Lee is he is being held back....
The selectors need to let him free again...
They have tried to make him stop conceeding so many runs and it has effected his overall performance, they have to allow him to let rip again and we will see the best of him...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem with Lee is he is being held back....
The selectors need to let him free again...
They have tried to make him stop conceeding so many runs and it has effected his overall performance, they have to allow him to let rip again and we will see the best of him...
Steal my argument, why don't ya..................I've only been saying that for months here!!!! :D

Son't forget Bracken and Stuart Clark as well... I mean people forget Bracken is only 23 or something like that...
Exactly. Nathan Bracken is bowling much, much quicker these days too. I saw a spell of his against SA and it was REALLY quick................like, Brad Williams quick.

I never rated him before this season but he seems to be trying to hit the seam more and bowling a more aggressive length. I'm surprised but he has some serious pace right now.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry TC, but great minds think alike...

:P:P:P:P:P

I mean we are both fans of the Greatest cricketer on the Earth!!!!

Greg Blewett!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Eclipse

International Debutant
He is actualy conceding more runs now that he used to by far so the selectors aims at making him more economical have not worked.

I still beleve he is one of the most telented cricketers in the world he is a brilliant feildsmen hard hitting batsman who is not really that far away from an allrounder, and he has all the talent to be one of the games best bowlers.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
I dont agree with people saying that it wont hurt Australia when Mcgrath walks out of their line up, they are very probable to replace him with another quality player but ofcourse Mcgrath is Mcgrath. As T_C (yes again a quote :) ) noted in another thread, he's been THE constant for Australia even when everything else has been down. He has that clinical precision and relentlesness which i doubt many will have in the future. Believe me it will be hard relpacing this man.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
you obviously have not seen alot of state cricket, Stuart Clarke and Nathan bracken are both very consistant, Gillespie will get better too dont forget

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

you obviously know nothing about either the Aussie team or english cricket

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shane Warne will be top wicket taker anyway

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Eclipse
I still beleve he is one of the most telented cricketers in the world he is a brilliant feildsmen hard hitting batsman who is not really that far away from an allrounder, and he has all the talent to be one of the games best bowlers.
Rubbish, he's nowhere near all rounder level - there's only one all rounder in World Cricket at the moment - Kallis.