• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kazoholic & C_C - An Official Complaint

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wasn't going to post about this, but stuff it, i'm lodging an official complaint about the behaviour of C_C & Kazoholic in certain Cricket Chat threads over the past fortnight.

Can anything be done about these two? I'm sure i'm not the only one who beleives that they're ruining the entire forum atmosphere, not only for themselves, but for the rest of us sane people who wish to discuss Cricket in a civil matter without resorting to playground insults.

Unfortunately it hasn't just been kept to the 1 thread, but they've managed to spread their little tiff to 2/3 threads, have taken them completely off topic, and managed to fill entire pages (and i have maximum posts per page of 40) of threads with there little duel.

My question is, can anything be done, or is anything being done?

p.s Mods please delete this thread if you fell neccessary, but imo it had to be said.

Perm

I was reading through the last page and realised how idiotic and immature these two were behaving, I was disappointed really that two members couldn't have a debate without having to resort to personal slander. Was really poor tbh.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
take use of the report post function, thats more likely to get the attentions of the mods..
but i'll guess we'll have a look at what you have said as is...

Matt79

Global Moderator
I think saying "put them on ignore" is not the point when its behaviour the majority of posters would find annoying. It's not that any particular individuals have an individual problem with the posters - it's that the behaviour itself is basically against either the letter or the spirit of the forum rules.

If they can't or won't leave each other alone, or at least take it outside and spare the rest of us, then I think the mods have to do what PY did in the end and just close the thread. Which is a shame, because others amongst us might have actually have a discussion without it getting dragged down into the crap that's been going on. Thought PY's suggestion of a 'time-out' for both parties was a good one tbh - better than closing otherwise legitimate discussion threads.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well I did imply that the ignore option probably wouldn't solve the problem, since the arguments are so incredibly long and drawn out, however pointless, that ignoring is just not enough.

I am always against the closing of a decent thread (used to be common practice where I mod). I'd rather that they just got a temporary ban or be put on mod preview. The latter option would mean that the mods would have to approve their posts before posting them. Its actually much less of a hassle than it sounds. Not sure if CW has that option though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting that those who've posted here are mostly those who haven't been around a terribly long time.

Those of us with longer scope have an easy comparison - and to a much, much more extreme example.

You think 3 threads in a week (or maybe 2 weeks) is bad? Try 20 threads - at least - over the course of a good 3-4 months. Ever wonder how I got such a ridiculously high postcount? So much of it was the exact same format as C_C\KaZo have been trotting-out of late, with myself and tec trading never-ending stuff, most of which had very little relation to the original topic, or at least appeared not to for those who hadn't followed the discussion word-for-word. Me, as soon as it started this time with these 2, I just left the respective threads alone, I can't be bothered keeping-up with all the stuff that goes on in there.

Seriously, I dread to think what the reactions would have been to myself and tec if people had been reacting like this 2 and 3 years ago. A few people did say something from time to time, and a few people did mention ignore-listing the two of us, but no threads were ever closed, neither of us were ever spoken to by high-ranking CW people, and indeed more than a few people said Rich-tec duals were a part of CW that the forums would be lesser without than they were with. Me, I half enjoyed it, half got bored eventually of spending 3 hours responding to all tec's posts - and it really was 10 or 11 in a row in a single thread eventually. Neither of us ever backed down, just like C_C and KaZo.

Maybe times have changed - but me, I feel it'd be unfair if anything was officially done about C_C and KaZo here. It is just 3 threads - just don't bother about those threads if you're tired of it, is the way I feel.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Interesting that those who've posted here are mostly those who haven't been around a terribly long time.
I've been long enough to know what you're talking about tbh.
Seriously, I dread to think what the reactions would have been to myself and tec if people had been reacting like this 2 and 3 years ago.
Well since there were a lot more of these pointless arguments back then, someone complaining probably would've gotten a flogging, tbh. I know I left CW for a while because of people like tec, C_C, wahindiawah, biasedindian, scaly piscine, and to some extent, you.

Johnners

yes i've been around long enough to understand why you have a ridiculously high post count, and that a large number of them came from arguments with TEC. However, if you read the extent of the personal insults the 2 were throwing at each other you'd understand my displeasure.

As like NP before me, i've not read/left Cricket Chat along for periods (i followed the forum for about 6/7 months before i first posted) because of such posters & irrelevant arguments.

Yeah Clapo valid point I just had a look at the Matt Hayden thread just closed and was quite possibly ruined just by these two have a go at each other ..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Two wrongs making a right, now then Rich? Just because tec & yourself got away with it doesn't mean Kazo & C_C should.

I have to be honest & say I only vaguely skimmed over the offending posts, but I did see the phrase "punk ass" used I think, which strikes me as a bit unnecessary. I'm largely unaware of Kazo's work, but C_C has previous.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Two wrongs making a right, now then Rich? Just because tec & yourself got away with it doesn't mean Kazo & C_C should.
The thing is, I don't see it particularly as a wrong. Sure, if it were a wrong then it'd not be fair if they got away with it "because Rich and tec did". I was pointing-out that, if you like, such a thing is nothing new, and that it was, as far as I'm aware, tolerated and even occasionally revered in the past.
C_C has previous.
:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've been long enough to know what you're talking about tbh.

Well since there were a lot more of these pointless arguments back then, someone complaining probably would've gotten a flogging, tbh. I know I left CW for a while because of people like tec, C_C, wahindiawah, biasedindian, scaly piscine, and to some extent, you.
Shame to hear that - bit surprised about bi, too - has always struck me as a pretty harmless guy.

See your point about C_C and the one you mention before myself (who shall remain unnamed by me), but you should know better than to take wah and his million other incarnations seriously. He, like Shane_Warne\BingLeeElectric, is nothing but a tool.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Shame to hear that - bit surprised about bi, too - has always struck me as a pretty harmless guy.

See your point about C_C and the one you mention before myself (who shall remain unnamed by me), but you should know better than to take wah and his million other incarnations seriously. He, like Shane_Warne\BingLeeElectric, is nothing but a tool.
BiasedIndian was pretty similar to Kazo IMO. Not too hostile, but could definitely get bad. wahindiawah was just really active around that time, as was Shoaib.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
I am more of a reader then a poster on forums and I approached the Hayden thread with an open mind like I usually do. But after reading the first few 'debate' style post from C_C and Kaz I just couldnt go on. I added my bit and then just left as the same sort of stuff was coming up again and again.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I must say I was slightly amused by the thread at first. I don't usually condone or enjoy members throwing insults at each other, but the way those two went at it (in the beginning) was funny. It was all school yard stuff (punk, *****, chump etc). Combine the macho chest thumping with the fact that the were proposing to have a math duel, added even more absurdity that I found hilarious. However, as is bound to happen with any posts like those, it escalated and got personal….and frankly boring. They kept repeating the same insults and arguments over and over again. I'm glad the thread was closed. What I found surprising was some posters praising one or the other debater. I thought neither came off looking good. I was laughing at them, not with them. It also amazes me how much time people like C_C and Kazo are able to spend on this stuff. I've had a few debates with C_C before and found it impossible to keep up with the volumes of stuff he posted. I just didn't have the time to respond to every point and post he replied with! Besides, after the first few posts or so, we were basically repeating ourselves. So I always ended by saying "this is my last response because we're not getting anywhere". Compare that to the debate C_C and Kazo were having. IMO, if the thread hadn't been closed, they'd go at it forever! :blink:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You don't remember myself and tec's post-wars? ;)

As I say - I'd routinely spend 3 hours every day just responding to his posts - then I'd get onto the others.

And as I say - I'd pretty well enjoy it, too. :)

The great thing with us two, though, was that there was rarely if ever anything approaching name-calling. I always respected him as a person for that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Richard-TEC wars were similar to this, but they were much more sophisticated. For starters, even if they didn't stay in line with the original point of the thread, they always stayed along cricket lines... so anyone could still contribute if they read something they wanted to add to. A debate over who has greater maths skills out of Kaz and CC isn't something we can add to though.

Secondly, they never argued purely for the sake of doing so when they saw each other post (well, at least I never took it as that). They'd see something they disagreed with, and argue it, just as they would with any other poster. Fair game.

This situation is far beyond that - they argue the same topics in several threads, dish out personal insults and debate the most ridiculous topics that have nothing to do with cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, fair enough, as I say - I haven't bothered reading said threads as soon as those 2 got started (unless I saw a mod had last-post - just in case there was something tasty there) so I haven't a clue of the content.

Glad to see a few reasons why myself and tec's post-wars were tolerated, though. :) Although I'm amazed anyone read them!

I'd like to add that threads going off the original title topic was not something unique to us (as I'm sure most know). Any thread that goes on for a reasonable number of posts only lasts with as the title-topic for a time. There's nothing wrong with that. I've said it a few times - title-topics are just a conversation-starter.

EDIT: and TBH, it should tell me a fair bit about the waste-of-posting-time thing if a guy like Clapo is annoyed enough to complain. I'll also add that I hope this thread isn't closed as constructive discussion from a wide range of members is very useful here IMO.

Last edited: