• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 1 FC Discussion Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Teams

Code:
ACT
Kent
Lancashire
Leicestershire
South Australia
Tamil Nadu
Western Australia
WP Cobras
Here is the place to discuss season preview, mid season reports, season reviews, player signings, media releases, match previews, team announcements and match reports. Basically everything and anything to do with Division One FC.

Discuss

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The board has decided to try a new method to improve activity around the forums. One of the major reasons for the slight decline in WCC over the last couple seasons, has been due to poorer levels of activity To try and improve the situation we are going to have discussion threads of each of the divisions. We feel that if we keep most discussion in a couple threads rather then having a new thread every week it will improve activity. Having these types of threads will hopefully create more rilvary between the different clubs and that should a positive effect on activity levels. Also for 2nd XI managers, your activity throughout the forum will play a big part in getting 1st XI positions, if they arise in the future.

Free feel to post what ever you like in these threads as long as they WCC related.

Last edited:

luffy

International Captain
ACT 1st XI Coach Interviewed

First of all thankyou for agreeing to do this interview
No problem

Are you confiedent going into the year ahead?
I sure am, i have a good bunch of players in the squad this year, and with their success last year i am hoping we can get into the top 3 this year, or higher for that matter

I Tamhane has recently expressed concern over you being the coach for this season, what's that about?
Well, i coached the 2nd XI squad for half of last year, and we struggled to make an impact in that time. I believe he doesn't believe i can handle with the pressures of the 1st XI squad

Will he be dropped because of those comments?
Most certaintely not! I go with the philosophy of picking the best squad each week, so he will proberley play, depending how we go in the draft.

Who do you believe will be the biggest threat in your groud this year?
Tamil Nadu no doubt.

Who will be the weakest?
I believe WP Cobras.

What players are you going to try and trade for in the draft?
I'm going to be looking for young players that have ability and than breed them up through 2nd XI, than put them into the 1st XI

Do you believe the pressure will be on you managing one of the most famous clubs in WCC history
While their will be pressure, i have a good 2nd XI manager who will help me in my squad selections. Also Simon has done a great job over the last couple of years with the squad, hopefully i can keep ACTs winning spirit up.

Thankyou for the interview and good luck
Cheers Mate

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Looking good.. glad to have been randomly allocated the number 3 spot.. just happens to be my lucky number.. maybe it will be a good seasons for Hamps season 8 :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
WP Cobras look to Australia again

After the shock resignation for charismatic Australian manager Jack McNamara, the Cobras have wasted no time in signing a new manager ahead of the new season. After receiving offers from all over the world for top job at the FC powerhouse, the Cobras have decided to sign WA 2nd XI manager Thad Bochat. Bochat serviced under WA’s long term Kiwi manager Chris Butler last season. The WP Cobras have looked past his results with WA 2nds were they finished 3rd last in FC and last in ODs. Believing that young manager has something special about him that can take the Cobras back to being one of powerhouses for WCC, the status they reached under former manager Ian Markus. Many insiders feel that Bochat was signed mainly due their preference of Australian managers, becoming the 3rd Australia to take control of the side in the last two seasons. The fans have already stated their outrage, with the head article on their website labelled “Thad who.” The young manager has some big shoes to fill and anything less then a Top 3 finish, he might be seeing the door at the end of the season.

Good luck Thad Bochat, you got one very hard job ahead of you.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Alright before i do season previews i just want to see what managers goals are for this season. Are they looking for promotion, maintaining their spot in the division or just a rebuilding year.

Fire away

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Will be looking to maintaining a position in the league this season. Need a big season from Andy Freeman if we are going to reach that goal. We got some good depth around him, but he will have to be the main wicket taker. Batting line up is a tad weak, but hopefully we should be able to get the most out it Will be looking for a big season with the bat from keeper batsmen, S Badrinath.

tadeusz

State 12th Man
Like the one-dayers, consistency is the aim in my first year at the Cobras. Avoiding the drop would be good.

cometer

State Regular
Alright before i do season previews i just want to see what managers goals are for this season. Are they looking for promotion, maintaining their spot in the division or just a rebuilding year.

Fire away

Mid table finish is the target. Don't think I have a powerhouse FC side yet, so will probably be a season of ups and downs. So somewhere between 4th to 6th is where we shall be aiming to finish, but hopefully able to avoid relegation.

luffy

International Captain
ACT are looking to stay in the top division and get into the top 3 on the table this year.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't seeem to be a great deal of interest in previews. Do you guys want me to do D1 previews or leave it?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not sure about Division 1 teams but I'm certaily interested. I read the two other divisions with great interest. Also, Yorkshire to finish 1st? Bah :p We'd prefer underdog status ;)