• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most over rated players

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Who exactly "rates" Sehwag or Afridi apart from Indian and Pakistani fans. I don't see how Symonds is overrated TBH.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Who exactly "rates" Sehwag or Afridi apart from Indian and Pakistani fans. I don't see how Symonds is overrated TBH.

I certainly rate Sehwag fairly highly as a test opener.
I don't think he's given quite enough credit around here....he's got 4000 runs at an average just under 50 ....not bad going for a test opener. And seriusly Manan, how many Indian openers other than Gavaskar have been as succesful as Sehwag ?
He's scored test hundreds in England, Aus, Wi, RSA and Pakistan and unlike the likes of Gayle, Trescothick and Graeme Smith (he's actually done pretty well in tests where he has come up against Mcgrath and Warne).
Seriously Hayden is probably the only better opener I've seen in recent times......

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No way. he is as good as anyone as a test player. his record speaks for himself. If he is rated high, he deserves it.

He would be part of any world Test XI now.
Well, except India's, evidently!

I don't think he'd be making too many teams at the moment. He certainly wouldn't make the Australian team or the English team.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
Well, except India's, evidently!

I don't think he'd be making too many teams at the moment. He certainly wouldn't make the Australian team or the English team.
See, everyone have their highs and lows. but the question is how Sehwag has performed in the test arena over a considerable period of time. I feel he had played consistently for a fair amount of time.

Yes, currently he is out of form. That definitely does not mean he is overrated!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or it could just be that it's the start of the long-overdue downturn in his run-scoring as a Test opener.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No way. he is as good as anyone as a test player. his record speaks for himself. If he is rated high, he deserves it.

He would be part of any world Test XI now.
He might make the Bangladesh side as a Test opener, but he might not, considering they've got some promising talent.