• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Week 12 Reports...

Rich2001

International Captain
Kent Continue Charge Towards Division 1 With A Strong Bowling Performance

Kent got onto the coach for the trip north knowing a win would place them in a very strong chance to wrap up the title next week.

The team news was good and everyone declared themselves fit for the game, therefore the squad would be the same as last week.

Kent elected to have a bat first up and the choice was to prove critical in the match. As the Kent openers strolled to the middle the home team suddenly knew they would see a damn good side in action at last!!

B.Allen obliterated the opening bowlers to all parts before a major mix up saw him fall a few feet short of his ground for 19. A.Flower got down on his keens and begged for forgiveness as Allen headed back to the pavilion. Stevie Waugh was next in and soon found his rhythm, however things got a lot worse for visitors when Flower drove a ferocious drive that took the mid off; off his feet but somehow managed to hold the catch, the home bowlers then applied the pressure and slowed the scoring right down, with Waugh and Marsh at the middle scoring was never going to be action packed, but this was tough work for even these guys. However a huge partnership was building and even S.Pollocks introduction of a 7th bowler didn’t get them anywhere.

However the outfield had seen a lot of rain in the last week and as a result boundary’s were nearly impossible to hit unless it was hit over the top and landed within a few meters of the rope, which made scoring very hard and a score of around 200 :P would be handy.

S.Pollock was getting desperate now with the board ticking over and Kent having built a solid foundation in which to attack from, so he turned back to his fellow opener G.Chapple who did the trick, dismissing S.Waugh LBW for a solid 48… The normally reserved Waugh could be heard over the stump microphone saying he would have him in the bar later. :lol:

Marsh was joined in the middle with England opener M.Butcher, Butch didn’t find the score any easier (but obliviously a lot better than Warwickshire :P :lol: ) both batsman continued in the harsh batting conditions (a pitch compliant report will be issued!) and added a further 40 runs without loss, Marsh showing guts and determination in the situation and hit yet another well deserved 50 ending on 64* and M.Butcher added a useful 34*

Kent ended the 50 overs on 199/3, a decent score considering the conditions but a few more would have made the manager slightly more comfortable.

Kent – 199/3

Marsh – 64*
Waugh – 48
Butcher – 34*

G.Chapple 10 2 31 1
A.Mascarenhas 8 2 32 1

In reply Warwickshire required 200 at just 4 an over.

Warwickshire never got in on the hunt losing wickets for fun, to be all out for just 105. S Jayasuria 28 (32) and S.Pollock 20 (14) the only guys to get in the runs.

1-9 | 2-15 | 3-37 | 4-50 | 5-73 | 6-85 | 7-85 | 8-103 | 9-103 | 10-105

M.McCague 3 – 1 – 7 - 1
S Hutton 7 – 0 – 41 - 2
H.Singh 6 – 2 – 8 - 1
G.Batty 5 – 2 – 22 - 2

Kent Won By 94 Runs – MOM S.Waugh

Interview with the Kent manager,

I - Good game Rich?

Yes another fine perfromance from the lads there... showed great fight espically in the bowling department after such a low target needed to be defened.

I - So what happened just before you came over to talk to us?

Oh I had a little problem with the Warwickshire manager, who should we say was a tad upset with the loss and said he wantted to kill me.... (don't worry Muzza iam sure you was joking right Muzza :rolleyes: ) Just incase I've hired the 20 minders, and then a few extra for the 4 day match next week.....

I - Oh well I wasn't expecting that

Oh don't worry mate, but just incase iam going to make a move just incase, see you next week :)

I - Will do good luck

Graham

3rd Umpire
LANCASHIRE destroy visiting SA

Lancashire gained a much needed win to take their record to 3-2, but are still in 6th place and in relegation danger!

SA batted first, but only a quickfire 37 from opener M.Miller threatened as the visitors self destructed to be all out for 102 in the 20th over.
Unsurprisingly, most of the Lancashire bowlers finished with useful figures – D.Ganesh (4-0-23-4), C.Schofield (5-1-17-2), M.Mendis (2-1-8-1) and M.Pushpakumara (5-1-22-1). P.Mhambrey again disappointed and has so far failed to show the form that made him one of last season’s most feared bowlers.

Lancashire achieved victory in a doddle with A.Swann giving himself a career lifeline at the club with 41 from 43 balls and the reliable youngster A.Schiller finishing unbeaten on 43 as the team went through to 106/1. M.Miller captured the only wicket to fall and had figures of 5-1-21-1.

A win to Lancashire by 9 wickets.

Lancashire manager GrahamB stated that his side would need to win at least one of the two remaining games to avoid relegation although with the tight nature of the points table, even one win and a 4-3 record might not be good enough to avoid the drop. Now that would be scandalous!

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worcs vs ND

What an embarrasment.
ND put Worcs into bat on a pitch that looked quite good and a score of 250+ was on offer. However in No time Worcs had slumpped 4/18 and a win for ND now looked like a real posibility.
Worcs then had a decent partnership to be 5/99, but a few more quick wickets and we were all out for a pathetic 174. Shaun Young getting 107(110) was easily ythe star of the innings with the next highest score being 26.

Worcs were never in it during the ND batting innings. The first wicket not falling until the score was 147. Streak picked up a couple of late wickets but the damage was already done. An 8 wicket loss in what can only be called an unacceptable performance.

Broncomans last match as Worcs manager was a very disapointing one. Lets hope the new manager can do a better job.

Cloete

International Captain
Great Start For Auckland's New Manager

Well Auckland came up against the much heavily favoured Canterbury. the result: Cukland destroyed canterbury by 6 wickets.

the auckland bowlers bowled EXTREMELY well. donald had figures of 5 overs 1/9 which started the demolition. hitchcock the main destroyer taking 6/57 off 8. every bowler took atleast 1 wicket. sinclair was the only man who offered any resistance with a good 80 off 74. canterbury all out for 151.

auckland lost lloyd early on. but anderson had a great knock of 74 off just 79. harris and horne getting 29 and 28 respectively. nichol and prince finished it off, both getting 6 n.o's. auckland 4/155.

A great win to auckland by 6 wickets!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Woeful Western Province

A rainy morning met the players as they arrived at Western Province's ground. Western Province under new manager Slats4ever won the toss and elected to bat on a grey day, however this didn't effect openers, Gary Kirsten 47 (45) and Herschelle Gibbs 46 (55). The total was taken up to 0-101 before the first wicket fell. The remainder of the innings reminded Slats4ever about the struggles he used to have with Auckland in team motivation. "This side has a huge amount of potential, but seem to be struggling to rise to the big games, much more work is needed on the psychological aspect of this side to reach there potential" he said. English batting bunny Allan Mullaly was the only one to go past 20 in compiling a quick fire 23 (18) to help Western Province post a reasonable 197. J Moss was the pick taking 6-19 and destroying WP.

Karnataka's innings started cautiously and the ball got the better of the bat with all 4 bowlers taking one of the top 4 batsman. Karnataka were reduced to 6-116 and a win looked a long way away, however once again WP only had half the job done and a wonderful half century from A Jones set up the victory for the visitors in the 46th over with 3 wickets still standing.

New manager Slats4ever, is very dissapointed with his sides poor efforts and will be at them throughout the week to see if they can reach their potential.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The Queenslanders went to town against a poor Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu could only manage 89 with Hamanath making 25. Sheriyar took 3/32, Bichel 2/21 and Flintoff 2/16.

The chase was easy with the runs scored off 21 overs losing only 1 wicket. Hayden made an unbeaten 56.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
After all week getting ready to defeat TN, Mumbai rocked up at game time.
After a disappointing bowling effort there were encouraging signs with the bat especially from stead.

Maybe next time we will play TN

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Colts vs Leics

The colts were hoping to maintain their undefeated OD record in Div 3, they got off to a shocker of a start though crashing to 3-10 then 4-25. Singh was the only batting highlight with 78 off 128, kabir ali staring with the ball 5-24 from 9 overs

We thought that though we were hoping for at least 220 that this was still defendable if we blunted Ponting and Jayawadene and that we did both as their top 5 batsmen adding just 7 runs, and ward making 6 of them. wells scored 42 but that was about the sum of the leics resistance as they were rolled for 94, upshantha taking 4-19 of 6 overs and some strange figures from Weeraratne who bowled 4 overs, 3 maidens and took 3 wickets for no runs

good perfromance from the boys :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Graham said:
Those sort of bowling figures appear more often than I'd like to see.
Your not the only one graham...

there could be some big news on the sim front within the next few weeks so stay tuned...
:D :D :D :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i dunno, but i havn't seen a better program around, though sureley it would not take much for the creator of VC4 to fix those small bugs

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Let me just say this, There could be a sim in which only the WCC would use, Never been seen before.......

;);););)

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Tassie destroy Somerset!

Tassie dominated the opponents for yet another week as they smashed Somerset by 8 wickets. 8D

Somerset won the toss and batted and were then rolled for a pitiful 181. All bowlers bowled well.

The Tasmanian batting had yet another cake-walk, as they made the runs with the loss of only 2 wickets.

J.Gillespie 21pts
J.Cox 14pts
S.Anwar 7pts

SOM 181 AO
TAS 2-183

Tasmanian by 8 wickets

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well SA travelled to Lancashire on top of the OD table, but that didn't mean a thing to the Englishman...

SA Batting first scored a hummiliating 102, with only Miller, Stratton and Bond reaching double figures, in what was yet another ordinary performance from the star studded batting line-up... Ganesh was the star for Lancs taking 4/23, but was well supported by his fellow bowlers..

In reply Lancs had a stroll in the park losing only the 1 wicket on their way to an easy victory, reaching the target with 26 overs to spare...

SA manager Brendon Goff is at a loss to why his team are so inconsistent with the bat, "We seem to either pile on a huge score, or we get bundled out for next to nothing. I have looked for reasons and cannot find one, the calibre of Batsman we have in this side we should be posting consistent good scores.."

SA now face an uphill battle to gain anything from their 1st season in the top flight, in fact they have slipped into a position of danger in both forms were they could be relegated if performances don't improve..

David

International 12th Man
I'd appreciate a copy of the results, so I can see my players performances.. ta