• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jhon Davison!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
What an innings !! quite amazing for someone who bats at number 8 for South Australia I have always though he was a much better batsman than SA gave him credit for he played a couple of really nice camio innings and I really could not understand why they bated him so low. Mybe now he can open for SA in the ING cup because they have been strugeling big time this season.

Ohh and his bowling has been great so far this tournement as well.

Just a side not he is eligable to play for OZ wether or not he would do so I dont know but if he keeps performing he would have to be looked at.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
This is slightly comical from the West Indies but well done to Canada...this is actually a huge effort considering their last time out they were rolled for a World record of 36 against Sri Lanka.

If the West Indies cough up here then Sri Lanka v South Africa will be a HUGE match.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
Just a side not he is eligable to play for OZ wether or not he would do so I dont know but if he keeps performing he would have to be looked at.
Touch of an over-reaction there Eclipse, he's about to turn 33, and his state stats hardly push him towards playing for Oz!

Also, is he allowed to play, I'm not so sure of the rules.

Bazza

International 12th Man
John. It didn't matter - he got the fastest century in a World Cup, but Hinds and Lara wanted that record! Hinds actually got the fastest World Cup 50. And then Lara beat it moments later!!

Looks like a great game. Once again I wish I could have seen it.

Cloete

International Captain
that innings was AWESOME to watch. but i have to say Chumney looks like he's quite a good player in his own rite. if the canadians had just pushed around 1's and 2's until the last 5 overs i think they might have got a win. but it was a gr8 game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
that innings was AWESOME to watch. but i have to say Chumney looks like he's quite a good player in his own rite. if the canadians had just pushed around 1's and 2's until the last 5 overs i think they might have got a win. but it was a gr8 game.
But do they have the ability to just stay there and push the ball around?

I don't think they do, so they attack option isn't so bad.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Yea it was an absolutely fabolous knock from John Davison - considering who he was playing for and against the West Indies, it would have to rank upt here with the best one-day knocks ever.

How was Vasbert Drakes catch to get him out though - that was every bit as spectactulor as Davison's innings.

On the comment "if he keeps performing he would have to be looked at" regarding Australian selection.

I dont know if it was tongue-in-cheek, but he wouldn't be in the Australian calculations. He hasn't got a great record in FC cricket in Austraila, although he has improved this season.

Rich2001

International Captain
hourn said:
I dont know if it was tongue-in-cheek, but he wouldn't be in the Australian calculations. He hasn't got a great record in FC cricket in Austraila, although he has improved this season.
Ok I agree that was some inngs from Davidson, but to suddendly be an Aussie international seems a little far for me, firstly that was his first main inngs in the World Cup his next highest was only about 30 wasn't it? but far more importantly who would Davidson excatly knock out of your world beating team... The only guy who even comes close is Hogg and even he has been consistant and getting better and better with each match, and in the last few weeks you all had him down as the next best thing, I mean Broncoman even picked him as Captain for his Fantasy Cricket team!