• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Did you enjoy cricket in 2007?

Did you enjoy 2007 cricket-wise

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Joe pesci

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The thread title and the poll title are asking different questions tbh, what do you really want to know?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Morris for the re-title IMO.

Either way, if cricket is played throughout a year it's hard for me not to find something to enjoy. There was much wretched about the year, particularly for an England fan, but cricket not producing something of note will never happen.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i only enjoyed the twenty 20 world cup this year..the rest of the series were all dire and one sided.. i voted for no for that reasons.. the biggest disappointment was the 07 one day world cup.. the worst world cup i have seen..

burr

State Vice-Captain
It wasn’t one of the more memorable years for me. Australia barely played and tbh, I’m still recovering from my post-Marto hangover.

FRAZ

International Captain
I personaly enjoyed playing cricket this year . It was fun . Indoor practices were great but the league was bit of a **** because of a few teams . So I quit playing and I concentrated on some other cricket relating ventures .
And watching Pakistan play this year always gave me visual nausea . And I hated Pakistani team as much as Social does .

sideshowtim

Banned
Australia lifted the Ashes after a 5-0 whitewash, won our third consecutive World Cup while not losing a game and just crushed the Indians and Lankans comfortably.

Damn right it was a good year.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
ODI WC was gash, the Windies were disappointing in the tests up here (although my hopes weren't high) and we were generally fairly mediocre against India & SL.

20/20 WC was actually a breath of fresh air tho and we're improved slightly in ODIs (WC notwithstanding).

Not a classic year (not enough test cricket for mine), but have still enjoyed it.

archie mac

International Coach
Voted yes, not enough Tests for the Aussies, but foxtel makes it all okay with plenty of other Test cricket from around the world. The good thing being it is not so much one sided as it has been with the Aussies, 15 in a row bad for cricket come on team India:cool:

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Truth be told the World Cup ruined cricket for me for a few months.

I don't like 20/20 cricket much so the world cup there meant little to me.

It wasn't until later in the year that I started getting back into it.

IIRC, I wrote what I felt were 15 very good reasons why the world cup was so horrible. I think Australia was the best team and deserved to win, but that final was an absolute joke.

stumpski

International Captain
I never thought I'd say this, but the English season seemed to go on for a very long time. Early April to late September is a long slog. Enjoyed most of what I saw though.

ozone

First Class Debutant
For an English spectator, not really. Under-performing against Sri Lanka and India in the Tests is not the form of the side who should be challenging Australia. However, watching cricket from a neutral POV has been pretty good. The world cup went on for too long and the final was a shambles, but ODI cricket has generally been pretty good. Enjoyed the Twenty20 world championship and also domestic cricket in England (when it wasn't raining!) Not a classic year, but still enjoyed it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I never thought I'd say this, but the English season seemed to go on for a very long time. Early April to late September is a long slog. Enjoyed most of what I saw though.
Don't worry, the summer which must surely be up there in the wettest 5 or so on record put paid easily to that.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
A mixed year for me as an Associate fan - WCL and IC have made big gains for cricket development, but Ireland aside it was not a great year for Associates when they took on the big boys. There still needs to be an effort to get Associates more matches against higher ranked opposition.
Test cricket from a neutral perspective was enjoyable, though will someone please grow the balls to beat Australia!
2 World Cups and an illustration of how not to run an event followed by how to run an event well - wonder if the powers that be will see the light...

High point of the year for me - being at the ground and commentating during Odoyo's innings to beat Ireland during the WCL.
Low points - Kenya U19s failing to qualify for the WC again!, Losing to Uganda in a 20-20 WC warm up.

neville cardus

International Debutant
That, of all the cricket I saw this year, I most enjoyed the T20 divertissement says much about the kind of year it has been. The Australian colossus ploughed on unchallenged, the World Cup was a joke, the Test minnows showed little or no sign of improvement, match fixing reared once more its ugly head, the greatest coach of the modern era lost his life, the Ashes were abominably one-sided, the Proteas did little for their already-ailing popularity and (perhaps most execrable of all) I averaged under twenty with the bat.

Last edited: