• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has the trade deadline now passed?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If that's the case, then the Francis-Godwin trade is disallowed for being beyond the deadline!

Rich2001

International Captain
I have no idea and and can't find anywhere that GB has stated how long the trade window is and when it closes.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
If that's the case, then the Francis-Godwin trade is disallowed for being beyond the deadline!
As for this trade, if the time is correct it would have been about a hour and a half passed the deadline, how strict is GB 8D

Cloete

International Captain
WAT?????????:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the trade deadline is Sunday!!! i'm sure of it!!! Midnight Sunday Australian time!!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i told you guys last night that the deadline was midnight last night, so no getting upset please :P

Cloete

International Captain
WAT!! but every1 else i talked to said it was 2nite midnight!! well it's not over till GB closes it.

Rich2001

International Captain
For a week I sat and did nothing and got nowhere with managers over trading, we all see the deadline (whenever it is) and everyone comes flooding out doing trades left right and centre! I demand another week for all these slow coaches! ;)

Cloete

International Captain
yeah or atleast another day!! i agree with rich. and afterall he is vice manager/owner/chairman or wateva u wanna call his position.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I'm pretty sure that when GB last emailed us all, he stated that the trade deadline was midnight Saturday.

Rich2001

International Captain
Graham said:
I'm pretty sure that when GB last emailed us all, he stated that the trade deadline was midnight Saturday.
If GB said that iam more than happy to go along with it, I did say in my trade confirmation, with TN that if it had passed then not to worry, either way iam happy.

Cloete

International Captain
:( :( well seeing as though the thread isn't closed?? but how on earth was i to know that it finished on sunday???? terhe was no posting n e where!! and i feel it's very unfair to not post it on the forum. pls can it be moved bak till 2nite??? as i had no idea that trades closed yesterday. PLS can it be moved back :( :(

Rich2001

International Captain
Has anyone heard when the plan for the season to start is anyway, as far as iam awear no fixtures have been completed, no VB Cup draw, the transfer window still semi open.. and all the teams files need updating with the bowling orders and transfers etc etc

Iam guessing the first match can't be before the 25th, as asking for everyones teams this week could be tricky and alot of work still needs to be done, so anyone up for a friendly or 2 :D (hopefully not with a team that was then all sold off a day later this time :@ )

Cloete

International Captain
can we keep the window open for just today!! i had no idea that trades were closing yesterday!!

Cloete

International Captain
GB. now that ur on. wat do u think?? could u PLS PLS PLS extend it by 1 more day. like have teh deadline 2nite. i had no idea it was closed on sat :( :(

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys as clearly stated in the thread after the 5th and 6th round of the draft i said that trading would close at Midnight Saturday the 12th of April...

"I will also post a trading thread for trade talks, the window for trades will open as soon as that thread is posted and will close on Midnight Saturday Night Aussie time(12th April)"

Unfortunatley i will have to go by the rules i originally stated as a few people did stop trade negotiations at the dealine...

The following trades will be not approved...

H Francis from Mumbai to Karnataka
K Godwin from Karnataka to Mumbai

Jayasuria and Cherry from Tamil Nadu
Wood and Sheriyar from Kent

A Razzaq and M Samuels from Tamil Nadu
I Ward and G Thorpe from Surrey

Im sorry but if the some people can see the deadline then i have to be fair and thats the way it goes....

Any complaints can be directed to myself...

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
I think there should be voting in this case Gb cause most of the managers want the trades to continue atleast till tonite.
I would say follow the majority considering even board members like rich want an extension.

And If you had wanted to let the deadline stick then you should have closed the thread like you did last season so that ppl would know.

Sriram

Last edited: