• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi. New here

MrDucksWorth

Cricket Spectator
Hey,

I'm new here. I've grown up going to the nets with my dad, family and friends. But its taken
until the age 16 or 17 for it to undoubtedly my favourite sport. I'm 18 now and wanted to play club cricket this season (Australia), but year 12 was busy and I forgot.

I got my own bag (Kooraburra Kahuna), leg pads(Gray Nicolls Jet 5 Star), bat (Kooraburra Genisis 2000), Box, Helmet (Albion) over the last month and have some old gloves that I will replace.

Planning on playing indoor cricket this year until next cricket season where I'd probably try for their B grade district team. I think my suburbs club is one of the best in the area atm, so that might be harder then I think it is.

Looking forward to discussing stuff, and getting and giving tips on things.

Cheers for reading

-Ash

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome mate, glad to hear you getting involved in such a wonderful game. Are you a batsman or a bowler? If the latter, what do you bowl? :)

MrDucksWorth

Cricket Spectator
Are you a batsman or a bowler? If the latter, what do you bowl? :)
well I probably 'perform' as an all rounder. But I'm probably more a bowler that can bat 'patiently'.

We had a 20 20 game for my birthday and I had no trouble making only about 2 runs in the first 5 overs and then hit the only six of the match and a few fours.

I bowl 'pace' and can be a bit wild fire at times. I didn't bowl my normal game in the match but did get two or three wickets pretty quick. The new ball was still swinging for the tail enders(felt sorry for them and my line and length was pretty good) because their team only batted 7 overs.

We then went on and made 95 runs with a couple of wickets in hand (30 run auto retire).

I got ran out on 28 (30 = auto retire) and had to make 2 dives to previously survive, so it was my lack of match experience showing.

Last edited:

MrDucksWorth

Cricket Spectator
Good man. Welcome to CW.
yeah I forgot to check out the Puma Ballistic 3000 which is a lot thicker, but having thought about it (since it was half price) I probably made the right choice because I'm not the 'strongest' guy in the world.

*edit: thanks James, 33/3from3.3 and Nnanden for the welcome!

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
yeah I forgot to check out the Puma Ballistic 3000 which is a lot thicker, but having thought about it (since it was half price) I probably made the right choice because I'm not the 'strongest' guy in the world.

*edit: thanks James, 33/3from3.3 and Nnanden for the welcome!
Yeah it's got a good pick up on it.

The name's Paddy.

MrDucksWorth

Cricket Spectator
Yeah it's got a good pick up on it.
Gday Paddy. The Gen 2000 or Puma 3000 got good pick up? I haven't played with it yet, i've only oiled it about 5 or 6 times, knocked it in for about 2 hours and 10 mins, rolled one edge and hit an old ball against a net by myself.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I thought it was very relevant. 2 hours and 10 minutes hey, what did you do after that?

Welcome btw.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey,

I'm new here. I've grown up going to the nets with my dad, family and friends. But its taken
until the age 16 or 17 for it to undoubtedly my favourite sport. I'm 18 now and wanted to play club cricket this season (Australia), but year 12 was busy and I forgot.

I got my own bag (Kooraburra Kahuna), leg pads(Gray Nicolls Jet 5 Star), bat (Kooraburra Genisis 2000), Box, Helmet (Albion) over the last month and have some old gloves that I will replace.

Planning on playing indoor cricket this year until next cricket season where I'd probably try for their B grade district team. I think my suburbs club is one of the best in the area atm, so that might be harder then I think it is.

Looking forward to discussing stuff, and getting and giving tips on things.

Cheers for reading

-Ash
I don't think this is LAVALIFE>:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Welcome to the forum Ducky.
I think at this stage you need to perfect your bowling skills. If I were you I would have my bowling action looked at by a professional coach and get advise on improvement.

MrDucksWorth

Cricket Spectator
Welcome to the forum Ducky.
I think at this stage you need to perfect your bowling skills. If I were you I would have my bowling action looked at by a professional coach and get advise on improvement.
yeah that is a good idea, because I haven't grown up with coaches there might be some things I need to improve on.

I didn't say why I didn't bowl my normal game. I was getting over an upper back strain I re-upset a few days before the game.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Welcome mate. :) Be prepared from some competition for the right to call yourself a duck, though, there's another duck that likes to hang out around here and I hear he's quite territorial when provoked...