• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP to return to dominance in NZ

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good article.

Great batsmen are above law of averages. His time of hibernation is over.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Gun Article man thanx..

i am a big KP fun.. i really rate him high.. so lets hope he comes back good..

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Yep batted nicely tonight. Can't believe he missed such a straight delivery. But guess it comes down to "his general contempt for the bowler". Didn't work this time.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I said it in the tour thread, but Pietersen is a class above every other batsmen on the tour. He'll get himself out, not the bowlers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
.............................................R Min BF 4 6 S/R
KP Pietersen c Taylor b Patel 43 36 23 6 1 186.95
KP Pietersen lbw b Southee 3 5 3 0 0 100.00
KP Pietersen b Oram 6 25 20 0 0 30.00
KP Pietersen lbw b Mason 29 39 4 1 74.35

Wow. Can we change the title to "Finding Mediocrity" please?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looked really good in the 1st Twenty20 and the 2nd ODI, but hasn't been able to push on with it.

Needs to stop playing the straight ball with his pad too :ph34r:

EDIT: Probably shouldn't have been given out in this game either.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain

Let us not judge too soon, in the kind of nick he was in this morning it's surely a matter of time......isn't it ??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Cameron, come on fella. You're not seriously telling me that a couple of innings in the Twenty20s mean anything whatsoever relative to the other game-forms?

While his ODI form has been disappointing to date, I feel it'd be foolish to comment with any certainty until the series is done, and there are, weather permitting, 3 more innings to go. Beyond question, if something very small clicks, Pietersen has it in him to do serious damage in his remainining 3 knocks.

Woodster

International Captain
Cameron, come on fella. You're not seriously telling me that a couple of innings in the Twenty20s mean anything whatsoever relative to the other game-forms?

While his ODI form has been disappointing to date, I feel it'd be foolish to comment with any certainty until the series is done, and there are, weather permitting, 3 more innings to go. Beyond question, if something very small clicks, Pietersen has it in him to do serious damage in his remainining 3 knocks.
Absolutely, the Twenty20's are neither here nor there. If you do well in these games it means nothing other than time spent in the middle being of more use than batting in the nets, even though you are not batting like you would in any other form.

haroon510

International 12th Man

well said Rich i agree

welcome back buddy we missed u here..

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
KP's found out. Give Md. Asif the credits for doing it. Maharoof followed and then Fernado. Now Kiwis are taking cues from them.

If Vettori can dominate him as Murali did in last few encounters, then I see KP hitting rock bottom with the form and the confidence.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hitting rock bottom? I highly doubt that.

Not averaging 60+ in both forms doesn't make you at rock bottom. He's still a brilliant batsman.