• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mustard

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
can anyone think of an england player from the last 15 years who has/had an ugiler style of batting? I for one cannot, the fact that he isnt international class is another matter entirely, but my word is this chap is not an attractive batsman...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, he's not great. Of those who are actually supposed to be able to bat to a reasonable standard (ie, not Tim Bresnan), no-one immediately comes to mind who was worse, except maybe... hmm, nope, can't think of anyone. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jack Russell was just as ugly a bat as Mustard for me. The worst I've seen tho was Emburey, with his five-forward-prods-followed-by-an-ugly-shovel-for-two technique. Of course Embers was really more of a capable lower-order player than a proper batsman. Which puts him in a higher bracket than Mustard, obv.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I still honestly am struggling to come to terms with the fact that there's certainly a chance, however relatively small at the current time, of Mustard playing Test-cricket very soon.

:blink::wacko:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Welcome back. I haven't seen a lot of him play, would think maybe Russell or Nixon would be contenders.

Off topic - can you guys see Prior getting back into the England side anytime soon?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Welcome back. I haven't seen a lot of him play, would think maybe Russell or Nixon would be contenders.

Off topic - can you guys see Prior getting back into the England side anytime soon?
I hope he does, and I reckon he will in Tests.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Please god no. The mere thought of it makes me want to jump off Runcorn bridge. I'd do anything to stop it happening. Anything. Bar nothing.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I still honestly am struggling to come to terms with the fact that there's certainly a chance, however relatively small at the current time, of Mustard playing Test-cricket very soon.

:blink::wacko:
Then you had better pray that Ambrose saves you:yes:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well yeah, as I've said a few times, I have reasonably high hopes for Ambrose and certainly believe he's a cut above Prior as wicketkeeper and batsman.

But so far in his career he's flattered to deceive.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's ugly alright, and a fair bit of time looks completely out of his depth.

thierry henry

International Coach
haha, yes. Gilchrist=keeper batsman, who opened, who was left-handed, who had a notably high grip on the bat handle and was ugly as hell to watch.

thierry henry

International Coach
I know it's a personal opinion, but how on earth do you come to that conclusion?
Cos....for whatever reason (the odd grip had a lot to do with it, I'm sure) none of the shots he played ever looked quite right...he had an unusual swing of the bat and his shots had a strange "shape" to them as it were.......much like Mustard, I assume- I've only seen a little bit of him, but when I saw the high grip and the loose-limbed slashes at the ball, Gilchrist sprung to mind immediately.