• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When do you think Ajit Agarkar will make his return to the international circuit?

When do you think he'll return?

• Twenty20 World Cup, 2009

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After the year 2013, that also as a 12th man

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yaju

State Vice-Captain
With Ishant and Pathan establishing themselves as India's key medium pacers and Zaheer Khan about to return, plus the advent of Sreesanth and Munaf, AA's return doesn't seem likely in the near future.

When do you think he'll return?

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Being a member of the AAAS, it's sad for me to say that his India playing days are over. Although he could make a lot of money playing for Mumbai in the IPL.

masterblaster

International Captain
I hope never.:dry:
Poor guy, you'd think over 270 odd ODI wickets at an average of 27 with a few half centuries here and there would get you some respect as a player. He wasn't the greatest bowler in the world, but I respect his contribution to Indian Cricket and he has played his part in my Indian wins in ODI's as well.

pup11

International Coach
Being a member of the AAAS, it's sad for me to say that his India playing days are over. Although he could make a lot of money playing for Mumbai in the IPL.
If you are vice-president of AAAS (is it pronounced as ass), then who is the president, Ajit Agarkar???

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I think his return is possible, particularly if Sreesanth still goes for an exorbitant amount of runs per over (ER: 5.8!), plus loses his wicket-taking ability. Then I would definitely draft Agarkar in, as Sreesanth's antics would not be so much morale-boosting as tiresome to his team in that kind of situation. I don't really know why he's such a maligned ODI bowler. Sure, he was about as effective as Mohammad Sami for most of his Test career, but he often gets the job done in ODI's. Besides, his prospensity to occassionally get smashed is something Sreesanth also shares (to a greater extent, arguably).

I'm not sure when the above scenario would possibly occur, though, so I'll pick the last option, just for the sake of it. :D

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Don't worry guys, his son will grow up to be a cricketer and come back to haunt the Indian team in the year 2030.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Zaheer
Ishant
Pathan
RP Singh
Munaf
Sreesanth
Pankaj Singh
Praveen Kumar
VR Singh

All of them are ahead of AA. Would take a ridiculous amount of injuries for AA to play for India again.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor guy, you'd think over 270 odd ODI wickets at an average of 27 with a few half centuries here and there would get you some respect as a player.
He is truly massively under rated. But he did go for five an over at a time in ODI cricket where 250 was a very good score.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've thought we'd seen the last of him before now - several times, more times even than I've thought "... has Shoaib Akhtar turned the corner?". Only when he reaches 40 having retired for 4 years will I believe he's gone never to return.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
No idea, but it shouldn't be too far, considering the fact that both teams haven't played against each other for quite a while.
I know the 2004 Champions Trophy is quite a while back but Kenya have not played SA, since the group stages of the 2003 World Cup competition either :-O

Anyway it looks like the sort of tour Agarkar would make a comeback in...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As a proud member of the AAAS, I can offically state that this thread is easily the worst in the history of CW. In fact, I want James to ban everyone who has said anything that is even remotely critical of the great one. Shame on all of you!!!!!!!! :@ :@ :ranting: :jawdrop:

Anyways, to be serious, I think he is going to take 100 + wickets in the IPL, go with an economy of under 2 an over and score at an average of 100 @ 400 and lead Mumbai to IPL glory after which he will walk into the Indian side and take over as the greatest allrounder ever...... :)

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
I dont feel he will be able to come back ......now we have good bowlers like I.Sharma,.....sometimes Sreesanth:laugh: ........etc