• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Help... Fast Bowling

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
...I'm pretty sure I've got a side strain and its preventing me from bowling at 100% It's making me bowl at more like 30% :( It really hurts when I bowl.. so last club match I was put up the order for a laugh (not funny:sleep: ) because I couldn't bowl. The pain is below my ribs under my non-bowling arm... does anyone know if there's any stretching/exercises I can do do prevent this Injury from cropping up in the future.. and will it ever go away I've been out of action for 3 weeks :@ grrr... please help!

Lord_fez

Cricket Spectator
Rest it for a couple of weeks mate, that generally means no cricket at all and no other strenuous activity. Give it a couple of weeks then break yourself in slowly to get back into the swing.

Your body needs time to heal, if you don't let it you may end up doing more and more damage that will stay with you for life.

Have a look at www.sportsinjuryclinic.net, gives some ideas about resting/exercise patterns to follow.

Best of luck