• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I Met The Legend

masterblaster

International Captain
I'd like to share this with all of you. Just today I had the chance to meet Glenn McGrath at his book signing in our Westfield Shopping Centre here in Melbourne.

It was an honour to meet the living legend in person and I'm delighted to be one of the first people in Melbourne to get a signed copy of his Autobiography. It was fantastic also to get a photograph taken with him.

I came across as a total fan but I managed to tell him how thrilled I was to see him in person and thanked him for all that he has done for the sport of cricket.

Here's a photograph of me with Glenn at the book signing.

Attachments

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For some reason, always thought you were from Perth mb.

Awesome stuff meeting one of the best of all time.

masterblaster

International Captain
For some reason, always thought you were from Perth mb.

Awesome stuff meeting one of the best of all time.
Yeah I've lived and worked in Perth regularly but my home base is in Melbourne and I've grown up in Melbourne :)

Today was a fantastic experience though and Glenn was very humble and was a great sport with so many people there. I got there fairly early and was the second person in line so I was pretty happy with how it all went!

Congrats & I'd be more happy than you if I ever get a chance to meet a greater living legend that is none other than Imran Khan.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it's anything like the way they've spread here in NZ, his answer won't mean anything at all.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats :)

On a similar note, I met my sporting hero a couple of afternoons ago. Jimmy Cowan, an All Black from the same little town as me. Was a really nice guy too, asked me what my name was and how my day was going etc.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
On a similar note, I met my sporting hero a couple of afternoons ago. Jimmy Cowan, an All Black from the same little town as me. Was a really nice guy too, asked me what my name was and how my day was going etc.
Was just humouring you, tbh.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a great chance. Good for you, MB! McGrath must surely be quite a swell person to meet you personally.

I wonder, how easy was it to get across to this legend of a player. Here in India, we'd be lucky to even sight reserve Jai Prakash Yadav when the Indian team came to a colony in my suburb in 2002. So much of security cover, and so much more of media and fan presence.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome Sangrah. :) My Dad had a chat with him the other day in the QANTAS longue at Sydney. Top bloke from all reports, but I guess we already knew that.