• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's at the top of your viewing list?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
In the gear grinding thread, there was talk that Eng-NZ is a dull competition. I was wondering what would be peoples favourite encounters (tests) and least favourite (or rather, most uninteresting).

For mine, top:
1. Ashes
2. NZ-Aus
3. Ind-Aus
4. NZ-Eng
5. Pak-Ind
6. Aus-RSA
7. WI-Aus
8. SL-NZ

Don't really have a series that I don't find some interest in. Though I wasn't particularly into the last RSA-Pak/Ind series.

pup11

International Coach
Well some real mouth-watering contests are in store, but my pick would be:
Aus-Ind
Ashes
Rsa-Aus
Ind-Eng (can't wait to see KP v Dhoni clash)
Aus-SL (Mendis and Murali v Aus batsmen and Sanga and Mahela v Aus bowlers)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashes

Eng v SA
Eng v India
Eng v Pakistan
Eng v WI
Eng v SL
Eng v NZ

Eng v Bang or Zim

Aus v SA
Aus v India

Edit: completely forgot about the Champions Trophy which is obviously Number 1 every time

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Ashes
Eng-Ind
Aus-Ind
Aus-SA

Then all England matches vs the Big 8.

Then Ind-Pak

Then all Australian matches vs the Big 8.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
NZ vs Rest of the World
NZ vs India
NZ vs Australia
NZ vs Srilanka
NZ vs England

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd pretty watch England ahead of anything, aside from that I try to watch as much of the Aussie home season as I can, and basically enjoy watching the top sides face off rather than having set favourites.

Ahmed_Tariq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ashes

Pakistan vs India
Pakistan vs Australia
Pakistan vs South Africa
Pakistan vs England
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka (Will be interesting to see how the Pakistani batsmen handle Mendis.)
Pakistan vs West Indies
Pakistan vs New Zealand

Sri Lanka vs Australia
Sri Lanka vs South Africa
Sri Lanka vs England
Sri Lanka vs West Indies
Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

(Will be interesting to see how Mendis tears apart the teams. :laugh: )

masterblaster

International Captain
1. India vs Australia
2. The Ashes
3. India vs England
4. India vs Pakistan
5. India vs Sri Lanka
6. Australia vs New Zealand
7. Australia vs Pakistan
8. England vs New Zealand

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I cant even walk past a village green with a game of cricket in play without stopping to watch for a few minutes so I am easily pleased but these days the Ashes are the ultimate because its England against the best - 20 years ago it was England against the Windies - who will it be in 20 years time?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashes
Chappell-Hadlee
Australia-India

Australia-South Africa
India-South Africa
South Africa-England
England-India

Bangladesh v anybody

Don't really like watching Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies or NZ all that much.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I cant even walk past a village green with a game of cricket in play without stopping to watch for a few minutes so I am easily pleased
Yeah, same. Sometimes I have to refrain from calling out fielding changes though. "If you're going to bowl there, put in a third man, ffs!"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Ashes is the tops, obv & then I'm parochial enough to prefer to watch anything that includes us over anything that doesn't. As the Windies were the gold-standard when I was growing up they always used to be the other big series, but since their demise I suppose the yarps are now our no.2 series.

Will watch whatever's on tho; Sky carries pretty much all Oz, West Indies & NZ domestic internationals, which I always follow, sleep & work permitting.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Ashes comes first. After that, i'm up largely for a competitive series where i have an interest i who comes out on top.

The problem with Eng-NZ is it went on for SO LONG. 10 ODIs and 6 tests. It was easy to forget that sometimes these teams play others. Equally, there isn't anyone, bar KP who didn't seem overly bothered about performing against NZ most of the time, who i'd pay to watch on either side. There was also the continuous feeling that the real New Zealand retired to play in the ICL/IPL and this is their second team. And when NZ inevitably choke from a winning position, that's always painful to watch.

There's been some really good series between the two that i've much enjoyed, but this particular one was not one of them- and it should never have gone on for six tests and ten ODIs. Generally i enjoy series in England because of the timing problems of watching them anywhere else. But right now, out of Australia, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa and NZ, NZ are easily the last team I want to see tour.