• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh squad joins ICL

pup11

International Coach
I can say i am not a least bit surprised with this piece of news, just surprised it took this long for something like this to happen.

pup11

International Coach
FFS they gave Bangladesh a team before Sri Lanka. Our domestic players need money as well.
Don't worry mate your guys would also get their chance pretty soon. Btw its not only the Bangladeshi domestic players who are joining the ICL, the guys who are playing international cricket are also about to join the ICL, really keen to hear what BCCI would have to say on all this.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Laughing is about the only thing you can do now, cricket politics are that bad these days, and will probably get worse.

It will be very sad if 20/20 money, which could do so much good for the game, starts taking giant chunks out of cricket as a whole.

Feel for the Bangladeshis, really do.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez, if all the Banglas best & brightest up sticks we could have another Zimbabwe (in terms of competitiveness, rather than geopolitical situation) on our hands.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This'll be interesting. In several ways.

Can't blame such players for seeking what are for them such vast sums, BTW.

Flem274*

123/5
WE WANT YOU!!!

Are you a top order batsman? Are you test class (as defined by King Richard Dicky Dickity Dick Dickinson)? Do you want to go on an adventure to green fields, smelly cows and a PM that masquerades as a woman? Do you want more MONEY? Come to New Zealand today!!! Due to NZs suckiness at making top order batsmen post Fleming, we need talented, hard working potential stars of the cricket game to join our NZ Black Caps. Join today!!!! (Please ignore English advert beside us, only applies to South Africans and subcontinent spinners)

Worth a try imo

Craig

World Traveller
So is the BCCI going to pressure the BCB to ban those players who have signed up with the ICL or would the BCB have to make a stand and release their players because it weaken them if they banned their cricketers? Sure they could suffer finicially if they go against the BCCI, but what much use is having money if their team is done by an innings & 298 runs each time they play a Test (or "Test") and you have 2nd and 3rd rate players filling their boots to make their records look good when they are not.

They are ****** whatever they do.

Flem274*

123/5
At some point if this carries on (i.e. other nations have the same issues) then eventually the other nations will just ignore the BCCI because there'll be more safety and confidence in numbers, so the BCCI will lose if the ICL keeps soldiering on and I suspect they know that.

Craig

World Traveller
The BCB have to go along with the BCCI's wishes, that's surely beyond question?
Yeah that is most likely, I'm trying to be critical and thing of each case and trying to think outside the square.

Usually doesn't work that well :wallbash:

pup11

International Coach
Yeah that is most likely, I'm trying to be critical and thing of each case and trying to think outside the square.

Usually doesn't work that well :wallbash:
According to my understanding, the BCCI has put the pressure on the ICC to make sure that ICC tells all its members nations that whichever player from their team participates in a non-ICC recognised tournament like the ICL should be banned from representing his national team, so this way BCCI are getting things done, without even getting its own hands dirty.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Unfortunately for Bangladesh, 6 players have given to the BCB their letter of termination. They want to retire early to play for "Dhaka Warriors" in the ICL!

The six players are:

1. Shahriar Nafees
2. Aftab Ahmed
3. Farhad Reza
4. Dhiman Ghosh
5. Habibul Bashar
6. Mosharraf Hussain

The first four are a big loss to the National team IMHO. Just sad. Plain and simple sad.....:(!

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately for Bangladesh, 6 players have given to the BCB their letter of termination. They want to retire early to play for "Dhaka Warriors" in the ICL!

The six players are:

1. Shahriar Nafees
2. Aftab Ahmed
3. Farhad Reza
4. Dhiman Ghosh
5. Habibul Bashar
6. Mosharraf Hussain

The first four are a big loss to the National team IMHO. Just sad. Plain and simple sad.....:(!
Yes, very sad. I really wish the ICL would collapse. You can't have two tournaments in the same country in the same format with different players, anyway. It's just ridiculous.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At some point if this carries on (i.e. other nations have the same issues) then eventually the other nations will just ignore the BCCI because there'll be more safety and confidence in numbers, so the BCCI will lose if the ICL keeps soldiering on and I suspect they know that.
I think you a) underestimate the BCCI and b) underestimate the damage the ICL could potentially do to other cricketing countries.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really wish the ICL would collapse. You can't have two tournaments in the same country in the same format with different players, anyway. It's just ridiculous.
The ICL isn't a tournament which is concerned with the best interests of the game, in any way shape or form. It's a private enterprise run entirely and exclusively in the interests of the TV company who own it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
According to my understanding, the BCCI has put the pressure on the ICC to make sure that ICC tells all its members nations that whichever player from their team participates in a non-ICC recognised tournament like the ICL should be banned from representing his national team, so this way BCCI are getting things done, without even getting its own hands dirty.
However, seeing as Boyd Rankin has played ODIs since ICL, that will have difficulty sticking.

This compromises the BCCI's position over the ICL, as demanding a Bangladesh third-string side will also do. This, IMO, can only be a good thing for the game.