• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohd Nissar Trophy

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
No action on television. No place for Gambhir? I wonder...

I wonder how fast Imran Ali is. He's had a field day here. Strangely, Ishant Sharma, the frontline bowler for Delhi, has been wicketless so far, going over four-an-over. Good to see Manhas score a little, and Kohli is now a more serious prospect. Nehra is leading the wickets tally, so there's a lot to watch here. If we can watch anything outside Delhi.

Xuhaib

International Coach
No action on television. No place for Gambhir? I wonder...

I wonder how fast Imran Ali is. He's had a field day here. Strangely, Ishant Sharma, the frontline bowler for Delhi, has been wicketless so far, going over four-an-over. Good to see Manhas score a little, and Kohli is now a more serious prospect. Nehra is leading the wickets tally, so there's a lot to watch here. If we can watch anything outside Delhi.
Imran Ali is not that special from what I have seen but the other guy Asad Ali is a real prospect.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sehwag, Ishant and Misbah failing, do these established guys even take it seriously.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Good stuff from Kohli and Chopra. They're at 242 for one, with Sehwag playing a rapid innings of 37, as expected.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On whose account?
He can be in the squad, at least..

He is an absolute gun at short leg and we need good fielders there, if spin is going to be our main weapon. Gambhir, Karthik, Jaffar, Yuvraj, even Kaif and just about everyone else who have been tried there have been quite poor...

adharcric

International Coach
Chopra should be in as the reserve opener with Kaif and Badrinath battling for the 6 spot, Munaf and Ojha backing up the main attack and perhaps Pathan as an all-round option, although I don't think we can go with that option at the moment.

adharcric

International Coach
He can be in the squad, at least..

He is an absolute gun at short leg and we need good fielders there, if spin is going to be our main weapon. Gambhir, Karthik, Jaffar, Yuvraj, even Kaif and just about everyone else who have been tried there have been quite poor...
He's superb at short leg but there are far better reasons to include him in the squad. Gambhir is good enough at short leg, though he may have had a few bad ones of late.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's superb at short leg but there are far better reasons to include him in the squad. Gambhir is good enough at short leg, though he may have had a few bad ones of late.
nope, I meant, he will be useful even if he is not in the playing XI. Obviously, the only reason to select him would be runs and form.. But this is just an added bonus.