• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Length of Season 2

How Many Games This Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In planning for season two I thought I'd give the managers the option of chosing the length of the season.
This season we will definitely have a WCC cup (yet to decide if its FC or OD - May have both). Also considering a short preseason cup or T20 tournament beforehand.
Keeping these things in mind how many games would we like to have in the regular season? Last season was 10 in each form where you played each team once then three of your seven opponents twice, these are the options for season 2:

Option A) Have a shorter season by only playing each team once so its a 7 game regular season, plus then have a cup in each form with stats to count.
Option B) Keep it the same as season 1 where we played 10 matches. Only have one up where stats may or may not count (can be debated).
Option C) More games, play everyone twice so its 14 games in each form. Either have one short cup or none at all.

If you have any other suggestions let me know

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Would prefer a shorter format with a bigger cup perhaps (like group stages opposed to knockout). Even though the season was great, it suffered a bit like other WCC seasons in that it always seems to go on just a little bit too long.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am happy with the current length, but would not be upset with any of the listed options. Perhaps if we go with 10 rounds, the remaining 3 games (when you double up) could be seeded, based on last season's results.

If we went with 7 games, perhaps there could be an end of season final to decide the winner. Or perhaps have 2 and 3 play off for promotion, which could give teams a bit more interest in playing out the season, if they know they are a chance of promotion if they finish 3rd.

Just a couple of ideas.

Simon

I am happy with the current length, but would not be upset with any of the listed options. Perhaps if we go with 10 rounds, the remaining 3 games (when you double up) could be seeded, based on last season's results.

If we went with 7 games, perhaps there could be an end of season final to decide the winner. Or perhaps have 2 and 3 play off for promotion, which could give teams a bit more interest in playing out the season, if they know they are a chance of promotion if they finish 3rd.

Just a couple of ideas.
Am against a final big time, I do fully intend to bring back promotion/relegation play offs in one way or another, but there will not be a final to decide champions etc...

Simon

those voting for 7 rounds keep in mind it will still roughly be about the same length as before as cups will extend it. As Tharmi mentioned 7 round seasons would then mean it will only last 14 weeks, thats just means i will be left updating stats, doing draws and all the other diffucult off season stuff a lot more often, something im not keen on.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think 10 rounds worked really well last season, so should stick with it. I think if you have a 2 vs 3 playoff for promotion it would add a little more interest, as from memory, the competitions were fairly close last season.

Simon

Think 10 rounds worked really well last season, so should stick with it. I think if you have a 2 vs 3 playoff for promotion it would add a little more interest, as from memory, the competitions were fairly close last season.
As per an earlier post, play offs in one way or another will return for next season.

Simon

Next season will remain at 10 rounds of each form with one cup competition and there will be play offs. What form the cup competition takes will be decided at a later time. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.