• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC New Rule

does this new rule not making one dayers more batting friendly.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raykaash

Cricket Spectator
hi,
i have just heard about ICC's new rule. Here it is:

"The batting team will be permitted to choose when one of either the second or third PowerPlays takes place."

now suppose if batting team decides to take second powerplay as it's 'prefered one' and because it is their choice when to make it happen they decide it to be from 41-45 overs.

now,
as it is second powerplay....means third one is still left.
as a result last ten overs (41-50) will be the powerplays overs.

is it not a compulsion on the fielding side..?...as the fielding side will definately NOT want to have last 10 overs as powerplay...beacause the bowler will be tired...because those over use to be slog overs already...

should it not be limited to ""The batting team will be permitted to choose when " the third PowerPlay " takes place." in that case only 5 overs would be the ones which would look like f*** to the bowling team.....not the 10z....

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldnt be able to continuously beat the same drum if it wasnt true.

So anyway, another month another ODI rule change.

Laughable. Like the undiagnosed sick child and everyone is desperately trying to find a cure.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Already have a thread for this TBH but a poll is a good idea. IIRR threads can be merged and polls maintained.

Anyway as I said there (or possibly soon "earlier this thread") I'll wait a while before commenting on the merits or demerits of the idea.