• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want to see the Aussies lose the series in India ?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
In the past I've actually supported other teams against Australia so there could be more of a contest and interesting matches - ala Ashes 07. However, in this series, i will be right behind the Australian team.

bhupabhupa

Cricket Spectator
I wish to see Australians losing the test series here in India. I hope the lose by 4-0. All the Australians feel that no one can beat them but we have already proved them in the past and again we hava a chance.

===========

bhupa

worldinfo

tooextracool

International Coach
I think Australia have about as much hope of winning this series as I do in winning the lottery. Would I be happy with that result? Absolutely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Australia have about as much hope of winning this series as I do in winning the lottery. Would I be happy with that result? Absolutely.
13/8 according to oddschecker. Think the lottery is about 13.6million/1. Hmm.

Think Oz are actually decent value there.

Anyway, I generally support the underdogs in any sporting comp that I don't actively support one of the participants, but Australia as underdogs? It's a big ask of any Englishman. Will see who I end up rooting for when the series begins, surprised myself to find I was pleased to see the Socceroos do well in the last WC, so it's not without precedent.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
yea i hope the aussies cop a hammering from the Indians, Jason Krejza gets smashed and Ricky Ponting fails miserably at everything he does. Go India!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty well always support India in home series (other than against England and SA obviously) so yeah, I do.

masterblaster

International Captain
Do I want Australia to lose this series? Absolutely, ofcourse that will come as no surprise. I'm backing my country of origin all the way in this one. Support Australia at all other times except for when they play India.

stumpski

International Captain
May I ask why ?

I'm English myself but I'd support anyone against the Aussies tbh.....:)
Absolutely. Has nothing to do with being anti-Australian, just natural rooting for the underdog. Which is still just about everyone who plays against Australia, let's face it.

They won't be getting my support again until they're as bad as they were in the mid-80s.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First and foremost, want to see good cricket no matter who wins. If India or Australia win via the other side playing like crap, I'll be pretty bored.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah.. I have no love for India or their cricket, but it would be nice to see the Aussies cop a pummeling before they play SA.. Particularly hoping their spinners get a mauling