• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Warwickshire Manager

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking for a manager for the Warwickshire team. Preferably someone from the waiting list but if you arent on there yet thats ok.
Leave your contact info here if you are interested in this position and I'll get back to the selected person soon.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfortunately Andy has had to step down, former Western Province manager from the old WCC Ian Markus will take over this position immediately.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Warwickshire have work to do

Shortly after being unveiled as the new manager of division 2 side Warwickshire, Slats4ever was quick to assure the fans that he would do everything to restore the side to it's former glory days however a lot of work needs to be done to the current side if this was to be achieved.

"I understand that for the supporters it must be hard having their side struggle to put together consecutive wins, and the first thing we're going to do is to try and rectify this. However it will take time and I need their patience. Overall we have a very young team, and I'm sure that you haven't seen the best of many of these players. Dinosaur Howarth and Ovary Gayle are two players who look certain to have long futures in the game and will be key to Warwickshire's progress".

Markus is on his way to Adelaide from his home in Sydney to join up with the team in preparation for this weekends clash against South Australia. "Once I spend a little bit of time with the players I'll get a feeling as to the best way to structure the team, so I'll need a little bit of time before setting a line up. However I'll talk to Ramps and hopefully get an idea of what to do".

Markus refused to comment on strong speculation that former Warwickshire manager Nigella Ibblet would join him as an adviser in his new role. Rumours have been rife since Markus's appointment was made.