• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's spinner for the 3rd Test

Who will be India's spinners for the 3rd Test?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1-0 up. No need for that.
Indeed, would be silly.

Went with Kumble. Mishra looks gun but I don't really think you can just shaft someone like Kumble - he hasn't had the greatest time in the last couple of series but I really don't think he's performed poorly enough to be dropped from the team, particularly given he is captain.

Obviously there's no need for him to come back if he's not absolutely 100% of though - I have a feeling he may just take the series off to recover. Would probably be the best for all.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed, would be silly.

Went with Kumble. Mishra looks gun but I don't really think you can just shaft someone like Kumble - he hasn't had the greatest time in the last couple of series but I really don't think he's performed poorly enough to be dropped from the team, particularly given he is captain.

Obviously there's no need for him to come back if he's not absolutely 100% of though - I have a feeling he may just take the series off to recover. Would probably be the best for all.
Don't really agree with the sentiments. Was a big fan of Kumble in his day, but if you're picking the team that's most likely to win the match (as you always should do IMO), Dhoni is the captain and Mishra is the leggie. It's tough on Kumble, great servant to Indian cricket, but it has to be done.

It's not as though Kumble's being dropped, more being pushed out by an exceptional, younger replacement. Mishra really is very, very good.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really agree with the sentiments. Was a big fan of Kumble in his day, but if you're picking the team that's most likely to win the match (as you always should do IMO), Dhoni is the captain and Mishra is the leggie. It's tough on Kumble, great servant to Indian cricket, but it has to be done.

It's not as though Kumble's being dropped, more being pushed out by an exceptional, younger replacement. Mishra really is very, very good.
Are you forgetting that Kumble is the Captain of the Indian team ?

ret

International Debutant
I would want to know why can't a captain be dropped, if he is not good enough to earn his place in the 11 and when you have better options available? which holy cricket book, if any, says that?

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are you forgetting that Kumble is the Captain of the Indian team ?
That's no reason to recall him, if he doesn't justify his place without captaincy coming into it he shouldn't be in the team. Also he's a rotten captain. He really is horrid. Worst captain in international cricket atm.

Craig

World Traveller
That's no reason to recall him, if he doesn't justify his place without captaincy coming into it he shouldn't be in the team. Also he's a rotten captain. He really is horrid. Worst captain in international cricket atm.
Well they were going alright if he was that horrid.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think I'd have to say Kumble-Harbhajan Singh now. Mishra's getting a couple of end-of-innings wickets isn't of any significance and he looked pretty moderate in the second dig. His time damn well should come but he's not done anywhere near well enough to be pushing out Kumble. Mishra is just 25 (or something like that?) and waiting a few Tests won't do him any harm whatsoever.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Think I'd have to say Kumble-Harbhajan Singh now. Mishra's getting a couple of end-of-innings wickets isn't of any significance and he looked pretty moderate in the second dig. His time damn well should come but he's not done anywhere near well enough to be pushing out Kumble. Mishra is just 25 (or something like that?) and waiting a few Tests won't do him any harm whatsoever.
Indeed, it wont do much long term harm whatsoever, but we need to win this series.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Depends whether Kumble is fit enough to bowl at near 100%. Mishra has done nowhere near enough to force out Kumble if he is fit, but if there's significant doubt over Kumble's fitness, then it would be madness to rush him back. Based on how he looked in the 1st test and that he wasn't right for this test, I'm doubtful whether he'll be fully right for the next test and hence voted for Mishra-Singh