• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test Cricketer Younger Than You?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Based on this post

The worst thing about Siddle is that he's the first cricketer to play a Test for Australia who was born after me. :wheelchai
Who was the 1st Test cricketer from your Country to be born after you?

For me
Ben Hollioake- Born 1977 and debuted in 1997

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Peter Siddle :dry:

Oh ****, I am wrong Dan Cullen..

Going to do a Richard and say that the Test that Cullen played against Bangladesh shouldn't be counted.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
If it's test cricket, then Piyush Chawla and Ishant Sharma. In ODI's there's been a heap of young players born after me including Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli and Praveen Kumar.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
None, due to Test cricketers from this country being somewhat hard to come by.

Quite a few from the world though.

Nazgul Hossain
Mushfiqur Rahim
Junaid Siddique
Sajidul Islam
Tamim Iqbal
Ishant Sharma
Piyush Chawla
Tim Southee

plus nine girls, one of whom has retired.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have got to a stage in life where what I draw comfort from is that I am not yet as old as the oldest man to have made his test debut.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Who was the 1st Test cricketer from your Country to be born after you?

For me
Ben Hollioake- Born 1977 and debuted in 1997
Similarly. Fred the second.

EDIT: Last to debut who was older was Udal &, sadly, likely to remain so I suspect.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Salman Butt but he was ahead by 3 years to me at school.So take it for what its worth.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The first one I noticed was younger was Broad. However, Hakon hsa jogged my memory and there's probably quite a few Deshi's who have.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Internationally, the closest I can find is

Henry Olonga who was born just after me in 1976 and debuted in 1995

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
As i am not from a Test playing country I have to go with ODIs and the honour falls to Alex Obanda by only 11 months?