• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Blind Cricket

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is anyone associated in any level with this fantastic game?

I used to umpire it for a while and enjoyed it heaps.

~DanVettoriFan~

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Is it possible they make keyboard's for the blind?

I am being completely serious aswell, along with others I'm interested!!

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'm more interested in how he "reads" other posts. I'm guessing it's some sort of Microsoft Sam software.
I agree, possibly an on screen narrator. Don't know how accurate it would be with acronyms, abbreviations, made up words etc. It would also be interesting to find out how he navigates around the site, clicks new posts, etc, without being able to see it.

He seems like a top lad though.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aah, didn't know options for the blind to search the net existed.
And, Thomas, BTW I'm not braindead.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

In blind cricket the ball is rolled along the ground and it rattles as it approaches the batsman, hence the crouched position to strike the ball © Robert Perry/Scotland on Sunday/Sightsavers