• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dravids form last 2 years

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
These things happen.

His scoring of 2002-2006 couldn't go on forever, else he'd have been Bradman Mark 2.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Actually, that is worse than I thought. Removing the Bangladesh matches, he averages 30 from 21 matches and only one century.

This is odd because the best match performance of his career came when he scored twin half centuries in Kingston in 2006 (that pitch was impossible) - literally the match right before this extended slump.

Considering he has been India's best batsman this decade, I would say you have to give him a little time, but 30 just way too low. I would probably give him until the end of the England series.

tooextracool

International Coach
I have said it before and I will say it again, if Dravid were to be dropped right now, I would not have any qualms about it, provided he is replaced by a worthy replacement. However, I would not drop him. I say that because having followed Dravid's career extensively over the years, hes one of the least selfish players you'll see and I dont think he would play on if he honestly felt that his performances were jeopardising the team or if the team would be better off without him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Two years looks rather more than a dip in form. Given his age one's more inclined to view it as a decline, potentially a terminal one. I haven't heard of any mitigating niggles either.

As for dropping him tho; I'm afriad I don't know enough about his potential replacements to say aye or nay. I know Badrinath (sp?) has his advocates on CW, but I've never seen the boy and he didn't exactly grasp the nettle in the tour match prior to the current series.

bagapath

International Captain
yes, 33 is too low. but dont we all know form is temporary and class is blah blah blah. i hope he comes back to form in the next two tests. looking at his cameos so far, it doesnt look impossible..

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
yes, 33 is too low. but dont we all know form is temporary and class is blah blah blah. i hope he comes back to form in the next two tests. looking at his cameos so far, it doesnt look impossible..
Hope so too, my favourite Test player, if not probably can call curtains on his career after England or possibly even this series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I certainly hope he plays against England.

Disappointed Ganguly hasn't done so too TBH. As that means he's now going to have faced England at home just once, at a time he was woefully out of nick and thus ended-up scoring nothing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its poor, but I backed Dravid to score runs this series, and I still reckon he's looked good and simply got himself out. I feel runs will come before the end of the tour.