• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

where can i get video archives?

Mard

Banned
where can i get all the archives videos of cricket? Like lets say if i want all the videos of test centuries scored by Brian Lara, where would I get them? is there such a database where all the cricket videos exist?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No. There will be many videos of cricket taken of which only the creaters and a few others will be aware of the existence of.

krkode

State Captain
Try youtube... they don't have everything, but I'm sure they have a few highlights packages of Lara's knocks.

thesidman

Cricket Spectator
Video Archives

Try sending an email to Wisden, they normally know about everything to do with Cricket and will be able to point you in the right direction. This will also make sure you use legal archives rather than pirated copies.

TheSidman

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Speaking of legal rather than illegal, your reposting of the same link in every post breaks forum rules in several different respects (both those relating to advertising and spamming) and if you continue to do it it's highly likely the mods will add the URL to the filter.

thesidman

Cricket Spectator
Posting

Good to see the Anorak image of the forum admin is alive and kicking...I have removed the offending URL from all posts. :wacko:

Mard

Banned
how come there is no such database? i mean most matches over the last 40 years have been televised, so some body must be recording them.

Mard

Banned
Try youtube... they don't have everything, but I'm sure they have a few highlights packages of Lara's knocks.

you tube only has highlights of some of the knocks, i want the whole innnings Tests and One day matches.

Precambrian

Banned
you tube only has highlights of some of the knocks, i want the whole innnings Tests and One day matches.
Only the broadcaster will be having the originals, as they are copyrighted. You'll have to approach each and every broadcaster if you wanted to get all the video of Lara's 100s. For eg- The 9 network for Australia, BCCI for India,etc.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
how come there is no such database? i mean most matches over the last 40 years have been televised, so some body must be recording them.
Not even remotely close. And it's only recently that such recordings have been made in easily storeable digital format - do you have any idea how much videotape would be required to store (in decipherable quality) every ball of Test cricket since the dawn of the 1970s? There is no way every ball of cricket that was broadcast will still be available on film. The only way to find-out what is and what isn't would be to undertake extensive research (first finding-out which TV companies were responsible for broadcasting at various times - that bit isn't that hard) by contacting every applicable company and requesting that they tell you what they had.

And BTW, even into the 1990s there were some games that were not covered ball-by-ball. Australia's tour to Sri Lanka in 1992, for instance.

Polo23

International Debutant
You would have to get in touch with the people who broadcast West Indies cricket and ask them for the archived footage. I find it hard to believe they would just hand it over though.