• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATTN: Kiwis

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
If you fancy a cracking bet on the Cricket, Justin Ontong is $18 to high bat for South Africa with your local TAB. Turns out he's opening with Gibbs out, so it's humongous value, especially if BD bat first. Price will only last as long as it takes for someone serious to see it and smash it in.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
If hes going to be opening now that Gibbs has been dropped for the game, thats very good value. Interesting to compare the New Zealand TAB to Bet365, who are paying only $5.50 for Ontong to top score.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got NZ$150 on it, but about half of that is for five people at work, if that gives you any indication of what kind of value it is around here.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't it be humourous if he was dismissed for next to nothing after bringing this to our attention then. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah the odds are high, but he's a fairly rubbish player IMO.

Tipping Rasel to knock him out cheaply tbh.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't it be humourous if he was dismissed for next to nothing after bringing this to our attention then. :p
No... because it's a value bet. If you let losing on a good bet put you off for next time, you'd be a dire punter.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's less likely to top score than not, so you have to be prepared for that. He's certainly a lot more likely to top score than the odds suggest, though, so it's a wise bet to place.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
My post was more tongue in cheek than anything. Of course its a good bet and worth taking, and I wish you all the best with your $150 punt Mr Casson. Incidentally the TAB's dropped the price to the Bet365 price of $5.50 now.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not actually risking that much :p. I sold most of it to guys in the office because I'm a nice ****. If the TAB dropping its price by 3 times the original value is any sign though, it's obviously massive value. I was going to say before, but a guy I used to work with, who is a pro punter and head trades cricket at a bookie in England/Ireland wanted $3k at $13, so obviously $18 is pretty serious value. Precisely as Price EWS said, it isn't odds on to happen, but it only needs to be better than a 1 in 17 chance to happen for it to be a value bet.

I was only trying to let people know in case they wanted a slice though, your _Ed_s and your Voltmans because they like a bet, wasn't trying to be all superior or anything.

And now I'm drunk. I blame you for that, Somerset.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I was out drinking last night, so didn't see this thread. Besides, I'm not allowed to put fixed odds bets on over the counter - I have to put money into my account and put the bet on online or over the phone, which I can't be bothered with.

Might have had a crack at a boxed multi with Ontong in there though.