• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe

James

Cricket Web Owner
Zim Select XI v Sri Lanka
Bulawayo - Nov 12-15

TBC v Sri Lanka

Bulawayo - Nov 17

1st ODI
Harare - Nov 20

2nd ODI

Harare - Nov 22

3rd ODI

Harare - Nov 24

4th ODI

Harare - Nov 28

5th ODI

Harare - Nov 30

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Time for Mendis to boost his FC stats and ODI stats further. Just to note, Zimbabwe Select XI were the 'team' who were single handedly wrecked by Piyush Chawla in 2007.

brockley

International Captain
Ray price will not play in the 4 dayer,strange.
The zimbabwe side which takes on srilanka in the 4 dayer will have no white players,i wonder if this is political.
Ray price next to jump i think,if not taibu.
BTW is this covered on cricinfo in the past it hasn't been,in zimbabwe.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Time for Mendis to boost his FC stats and ODI stats further. Just to note, Zimbabwe Select XI were the 'team' who were single handedly wrecked by Piyush Chawla in 2007.
And by Fawad Alam this year.

The zimbabwe side which takes on srilanka in the 4 dayer will have no white players,i wonder if this is political.
Cricinfo down to daily scorecard updates now

Chubb

International Regular
Ray has "jumped" before, though. He only returned earlier this year. I think he'll probably stay to be honest. He might be missing this game through injury or for family reasons, anything at all. If he doesn't play in the ODIs without good reason I would be worried.

brockley

International Captain
Ray price is the best spinner how could you drop him,utseya is no good in 4 dayers,mainly a one day bowler.
Think its political,guess mugabie ,chingoka and bvute will be cracking the champaigne the first all black zimbabwe team.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ray price is the best spinner how could you drop him,utseya is no good in 4 dayers,mainly a one day bowler.
Think its political,guess mugabie ,chingoka and bvute will be cracking the champaigne the first all black zimbabwe team.
Need to wise up if you think that the Zimbabwe affair is a black-white one.. Much more complex than that I'm afraid :(

krkode

State Captain
I imagine Mendis breaking all sorts of ODI best bowling in an innings records this series... unless of course, Zim is 3-down by the time he comes on to bowl...:dry:

cricman

International 12th Man
Vaas, Malinga to Pick up Wickets before Mendis. I'm probabl;y forgeting another Spinner ... but maybe he's being rested.

Tri Series in Bangladesh, With These 2 teams coming up in January. Thats were Mendis may just run through both sides on a Spinners Track

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali is there, but Vaas and Malinga are rested. Saying that Prasad, Maharoof and Thushara are also good. Prasad is known for his pace, got Sehwag and Gambhir hopping around in SL last time. That was on slow wickets, and give him a wicket with carry, he'll be very sticky.

brockley

International Captain
According to cricinfo their are those in the ZCU board who want to phase ray price out of the side.
They must feel he is too old or something :laugh: ,i guess 22 is old for zimbabwe,i guess he can go back to england or the ICL.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
According to cricinfo their are those in the ZCU board who want to phase ray price out of the side.
They must feel he is too old or something :laugh: ,i guess 22 is old for zimbabwe,i guess he can go back to england or the ICL.
Except that Ray Price is 32 yrs old. Now there is no denying there are those i ZCU with a grudge against all white folks for all manner of xenophobic reasons but I fear a love of money where it is in desperately short supply is a bigger problem esp with its current officials.

brockley

International Captain
I don't know what the grudge is at whites for,maybe the walkout by streak and co.
They are defiitely dewhiteing the sport just like they did soccer.
Looking at the team i can't help but think they will be murdered.
How can you leave out price and taibu their best 2 players,they will walk like the others mark my words.
I really find it hard to understand zcu policies and the way they treat their players.
And matsikinyeri gets picked whatever he does,must have the most charmed life in international cricket.Whats he average 20 something.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know what the grudge is at whites for,maybe the walkout by streak and co.
They are defiitely dewhiteing the sport just like they did soccer.
Looking at the team i can't help but think they will be murdered.
How can you leave out price and taibu their best 2 players,they will walk like the others mark my words.
I really find it hard to understand zcu policies and the way they treat their players.
And matsikinyeri gets picked whatever he does,must have the most charmed life in international cricket.Whats he average 20 something.
Matsikinyeri--->poor selection obviously being as he is very much the sort of player who can but won't
Taibu---->opted out for personal reasons.
Football is a very popular game in Africa so it was inevitable that a country where the overwhelming majority of the population is black that the national team, irrespective of whatever policies are followed, would eventually be black and even if ZCU was being properly manged at some point Zimbabwe's cricket team will be dominated by black players.

ZCU is being run by greedy incompetents no doubt because an organisation that has millions of dollars thrown at it by the ICC with little or no obligation as to how to spend it will no doubt attract a cabal of greedy incompetents no matter the skin colour. (Think of the sub-prime market)