• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Delivery Ever?

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I was watching the news, Ponting's captaincy and tactics were in question and the reporter was talking about how he used part-timers instead of taking wickets and that is the first time I saw Cameron White's wide. I think that could be possibly the worst delivery that I have ever seen.

I know that Harmison's Brisbane delivery will be quite popular.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Is there an online video of it? Have basically seen nothing of this entire series.
Not too sure. But simply, It appeared to stick in White's hand. A halftracker which pitched a foot outside leg and just continued, it didn't get much higher that Haddin's ankle either.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Andre Adams has bowled a few absolute shockers before - one double bounce to Bichel in the World Cup, another ball in the NZ v India 2003 series that he released far too early and went about 20 metres high and Anil Kumble lost track of it and was out hit wicket.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Owens' first ball in test cricket - straight to second slip. Unfortunately, there was no bat involved.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm pretty confident I bowled the worst delivery I've ever seen. Bounced about 3 times and landed 2 strips down, on the leg-side. Was almost hoping it was going to be called dead-ball, wasn't really looking at what it was called, was just walking back shaking my head.

I really hate that ground, has the most obscene slope and it's completely impossible not to have no chance of bowling properly as a seamer on it, you just cannot run in with rhythm up such a hill.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'm pretty confident I bowled the worst delivery I've ever seen. Bounced about 3 times and landed 2 strips down, on the leg-side. Was almost hoping it was going to be called dead-ball, wasn't really looking at what it was called, was just walking back shaking my head.

I really hate that ground, has the most obscene slope and it's completely impossible not to have no chance of bowling properly as a seamer on it, you just cannot run in with rhythm up such a hill.
Bit of a pointless contribution, bearing in mind that

a) Nobody else here will have seen it to disagree/agree with you
b) I bowled the worst delivery I've ever seen too.. When I was seven and it slipped out of my hand and went behind the umpire

Have to go for Tuffnell's delivery to McMillan

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well the question is "worst delivery ever" and I highly doubt anyone has seen anything worse than that, even if they didn't see that.

BTW, I think you'd have to put a minimum age of 12 or 13 for the bowler. Surprised anyone was playing an organised game of cricket at the age of 7. I was just playing "let's get a Kwik Cricket ball, bat and stumps and have 15 fielders, no cut strip and the batsman passing on the bat to one of the fielders when he's out" or something along those lines.

And if the ball doesn't go down the pitch, it's not a delivery, it's a dead-ball.

Last edited:

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Out of ones that I have seen: Underarm delivery by trevor chapple, Ashraful's ball that bounced twice and Harmisons rediculously wide ball at the start of the ashes.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It depends on your definition of a bad delivery. In a one day final between Kent and Middlesex in the 80's Kent had to prevent Middlesex scoring off the final ball of the match to win the trophy. Richard Ellison bowled a full toss outside leg stump which not surprisingly ended up being hit to the boundary (by John Emburey).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd probably go Trevor Chappell's although I guess is was quite straight really.