• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate the players : Ind Vs Aus series

Precambrian

Banned
How do you rate the players in the just concluded series (Out of Ten)

India

G Gambhir - 9 - Topscorer, amazing consistency.
V Sehwag - 7,5 - Great starts, 0 converts
M Vijay - 6 - Good stand in for Gambhir, missed out on a big score.
R Dravid - 2 Nothing right for him
S Tendulkar - 8 - Good half centuries and matchwinning century.
S Ganguly - 8 - Got a 100, signed off with an 85 and a Bradmanesque 0.
V Laxman - 8, Indifferent start capped off it spectacular 200
M Dhoni - 8.5, Terrific captaincy, superb bat skills when required to bail India out of trouble, esp in the last test
I Sharma - 9.5, Absolutely gold. 15 wickets @ 27 on roads.
A Kumble - 2, Had a bad outing in his last series.
Z Khan - 7, The figures dont show the effort he put in, plus batting in Blore
H Singh - 7, Cashed in when the opportunities presented themselves. Good tailend batting
A Mishra - 8, Find of the series for INdia

Australia
M Hayden - 6.5 - Was slow on the burner, and when he really got into some form, the series was almost over, umpires didnt help.
S Katich - 7 Dogged, and impulsive. Frustrated Indians to a good extent.
R Ponting - 5, Started with a bang, and there ended it. Another unimpressive series for Punter in India
M Hussey - 8.5 Gold. Showed his class. Got out only to unplayables. Perhaps the wicket on which Indians put the max price.
S Watson - 8, Another gold. What an effort-taker. Best pace bowler on view after Ishant. Good contributions with the bat. Made me a fan.
C White - 4. Seriously I fail to understand what he was there in for. Still tried his best.
M Clarke - 5. Good hundred in Delhi. That's that. His golden arms didnt purchase him wickets this time around
B Lee - 3.5 - Terrible tour for him.
B Haddin - 4. Awfully bad series for him. Nothing as keeper. Some handy outings as bat.
M johnson - 5, got wickets.
P Siddle - 5. Ok in his first outing.
J Krejza - 7, Crazy debut.
S Clark - 4. Terrible tour for him. Missed two matches, was unimpressive in the other two.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
How do you rate the players in the just concluded series (Out of Ten)

India

G Gambhir - 9 - Topscorer, amazing consistency.
V Sehwag - 7,5 - Great starts, 0 converts
M Vijay - 6 - Good stand in for Gambhir, missed out on a big score.
R Dravid - 2 Nothing right for him
S Tendulkar - 8 - Good half centuries and matchwinning century.
S Ganguly - 8 - Got a 100, signed off with an 85 and a Bradmanesque 0.
V Laxman - 8, Indifferent start capped off it spectacular 200
M Dhoni - 8.5, Terrific captaincy, superb bat skills when required to bail India out of trouble, esp in the last test
I Sharma - 9.5, Absolutely gold. 15 wickets @ 27 on roads.
A Kumble - 2, Had a bad outing in his last series.
Z Khan - 7, The figures dont show the effort he put in, plus batting in Blore
H Singh - 7, Cashed in when the opportunities presented themselves. Good tailend batting
A Mishra - 8, Find of the series for INdia

Australia
M Hayden - 6.5 - Was slow on the burner, and when he really got into some form, the series was almost over, umpires didnt help.
S Katich - 7 Dogged, and impulsive. Frustrated Indians to a good extent.
R Ponting - 5, Started with a bang, and there ended it. Another unimpressive series for Punter in India
M Hussey - 8.5 Gold. Showed his class. Got out only to unplayables. Perhaps the wicket on which Indians put the max price.
S Watson - 8, Another gold. What an effort-taker. Best pace bowler on view after Ishant. Good contributions with the bat. Made me a fan.
C White - 4. Seriously I fail to understand what he was there in for. Still tried his best.
M Clarke - 5. Good hundred in Delhi. That's that. His golden arms didnt purchase him wickets this time around
B Lee - 3.5 - Terrible tour for him.
B Haddin - 4. Awfully bad series for him. Nothing as keeper. Some handy outings as bat.
M johnson - 5, got wickets.
P Siddle - 5. Ok in his first outing.
J Krejza - 7, Crazy debut.
S Clark - 4. Terrible tour for him. Missed two matches, was unimpressive in the other two.
Agree with the majority. I'd probably give half a point more to Laxman for getting the 200 and a point more to Haddin as I think 4 is a little low. I agree that Watto was gold and I love the bloke but I think he'd be disappointed at the lack of runs in the last two tests given he's a front-line batsman so I'd go for 7.5.