• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Manager Announcement

Cloete

International Captain
Well after seeing blewy and simon resign i think i have to do the same thing. i'm not able to post conditions/squads/teams every 3 days and i'm pretty much just becoming a burden.

i was thinking jamee could have Australia and nibblet could have NZ. just a suggestion though.

sorry about the inconvenience.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or perhaps we should scrap the whole thing. There seems to be a dramatic loss of interest and although the concept and the execution (IMO) is good, the schedule may be a bit too tight for some people.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How about cutting it to 2 games per week, Wednesday, Saturday?

That way we have set deadlines each week (rather than every 3 days, which can get a bit confusing)

I must say from the work put in, scrapping it is not a decision that should be taken lightly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Just a bit of frustration on my part. I just don't want to continue putting in so much work if there's not interest.

Considering your 2 games per week idea, that would mean that a 52-Test season would take a year to complete. Will people hold interest that long?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
From my perspective i can understand how much work has gone in, and i agree with marc on both accounts...

I don't think you should scrap it, just alter the scheduling...
I mean every 3 days got very confusing as to when we had to post sides, if you have set deadlines each week it would be much easier to understand...

Mr Mxyzptlk

52.... 2...... half....

This is true. :wow:

Perhaps we could consider having an ODI format instead of Tests for Season 2? That might hold attention span better.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Naturally the managers would pick over their 30-man squads. That would be the case regardless of whether it was Test or ODI.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ok Yousuf Youhana. You are set for Australia.

Do you understand everything that you have to do? If not, then you can post your questions on the forum, or chat with Marc or myself online sometime.

Welcome aboard. :)

Jamee999 will take over India.

That leaves Sri Lanka vacant. Does anyone dare? ;)

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
yes i understand everything, i'll just see what other people post on the conditions and i can learn from them, also I would like to keep the Squad and the home grounds.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's your email Yousuf, I can help you out to get started. I've got some things from when I was Aussie assitstant manager.