• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Researchers Needed!

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hi guys!

World Cricket Manager is very close to the research stage now and we are still looking for researchers for teams. There are only a few vacancies still open but most researchers would love assistance in helping to deliver the most accurate and comprehensive cricketing database ever seen. The first look of WCM can be seen :

http://www.gio.neosurge.net/~wcm/images/dev_shot.jpg

As you can see, it is pretty impressive and is certainly going to do well.

The researcher positions that are available (only English league) are:

Leicestershire,
Somerset,
Worcestershire

However, we do have nations as obscure as Italy, Norway and the USA being researched. So if you want to be a researcher, all you have to do is leave the following details here and I (or Glenn) will get back to you :

Name:
Nation/Team you wish to research (first choice):
Nation/Team you wish to research (second choice, if first isn't available):

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Timewell

U19 Debutant
We're still alive here!

Unfortunately, Glenn has been unable to carry on with researcher Essex, so they are now available.

You will have to get your applications in fast though, because I know of a couple of people who are deciding on which teams they want to take over.

NikhilN

International Regular
Rich can do the research for kent

and i am sure halsey can do essex...considering essex and kent are there fav teams.try contacting them and asking them

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Halsey has signed up as Essex researcher. Thanks mate! :) I'm sure that you've seen that you've been granted access rights to the researchers board.

Also, who is rich, and where do you think I'll be able to contact him?

Many thanks for your help! :)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
ill be in it

i spose i can be a researcher but please answer my questions...

will this be a free game?

can it be downloaded?

how long will it take to finish?

anyway here are my details

David Kearsley
Adelaide, Australia
1st team: South Australia
2nd team: Kent

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
1) No. A small fee will be charged but it will be well worth it.

2) Yes, I intend to sell the game over the internet and will therefore make it a sensible size if at all possible.

3) This depends on a lot of factors including the time I can dedicate to it - hopefully somewhere between June-August 2004.

I'd recommend registering on the official forums at www.gio.neosurge.net/~wcm - and then I'll get in touch with you about research, otherwise email me :)

mckellar

Cricket Spectator
I am quite interested in becoming a researcher for you seemingly promising game, but i would very much rather researching either an international team or an Australian state team (NSW, VIC, QLD, TAS, WA or SA). With the small amount of free time i have i think it would be more appropriate for me to research one of these teams, which i can easily access info to, because otherwise i do not think i could get enough done. please consider. i can, if neccesary, research more than one of these teams.

mckellar

Cricket Spectator
Sorry! In all the excitement forgot my details!!!

Josh McKellar
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Australia

1st Choice - Australia
2nd Choice(s) - New South Wales, Scotland

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hi there mate,

I think Glenn will have to speak to you about this as we already have an Aussie Researcher - but I think that the more researchers we have, the better....so Glenn will have to reply really. :)

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
If you can let me know exactly what type of thing you need that would be great. I would be interested in doing some stuff for you. Details are below.

Name Jason Magee
Location Brisbane Australia

Teams Derbyshire, Middlesex

Timewell

U19 Debutant
The Argonaut said:
If you can let me know exactly what type of thing you need that would be great. I would be interested in doing some stuff for you. Details are below.

Name Jason Magee
Location Brisbane Australia

Teams Derbyshire, Middlesex
Jason, yeah that would be great if you could do the above research. Nice one! :) Firstly, you would need to register on our forums at http://www.gio.neosurge.net/~wcm/forums/index.php and we will then be able to grant you access to the Researchers forum. You will then be able to see what you have to do etc.

Hope this helps! :)

Timewell

U19 Debutant
If any of you have registered, do tell me because I will then be able to add you to the Researchers forum! 8D

mckellar

Cricket Spectator
Hey again,
Ive checked my emails constantly, as you told me to do, but no reply has come from any of the WCM staff. Not trying to nag, just thought you might want to know.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hi there,

It seems like you have not left your e-mail address on here - so we cannot e-mail you. But if you follow the steps that we have suggested above - registering on our forums - then we will be able to contact you, if you do not wish to publicise your e-mail address.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Thanks for everyone who has agreed to help us in our quest for researchers. We are still looking for researchers and I'll update you later on, on what is available. :)

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Well, that is a preliminary date. It is basically a point to see where everyone is at. If you have done your research, you can send it to me whenever you like - although people should be able to do things like the Nations (if you're doing a nation), teams and grounds stuff now.

Check the forum for more info.