• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to the new CricketWeb Forums

How many Posts per Page do you think should be set?

Votes: 24 60.0%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Athlai

Not Terrible
It does look good now. Mobile skin is really nice. The only missing functionality that I can see is the ability to get the list of posts by every user in a thread. Hopefully search function is better to compensate for that. Otherwise, it's all good.
A mafia tool downgrade?!? Switch back imo

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is the downtime every time you change GUIs? If we are trying out different styles, I have a couple of suggestions:
  1. We can experiment with a style that reduces the wasted space on either side. More posts per page would be good
  2. A dark blue separation strip between posts
  3. Disabling avatars altogether should be configurable. I liked them earlier but they take up way too much space in this new format
Seconding my seconding of this. This was a good design feature of vBulletin

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey there, I don't visit their site but we are using the XenForo platform which is one of the leaders in the forum market. Many sites use it, and vBulletin isn't what it once was with their new versions.

It's very good of you to bring it up - it's perhaps something worth considering. In the 19 years the site has been around, I've never wanted to take $ from members though - the mission has always been to create a fun enjoyable place for cricket fans young & old to discuss cricket and to put the advertising revenue into building onto the site. I almost feel as though it would be unfair of me and the site, in general, to set something like this up now during the current world pandemic. Of course, happy to discuss further though.
I think it's a good option. Once you get the $ in from the punters, you can pay staff and mods.

Also, that hopeful wifi fix you emailed me didn't work, for some mad reason.

Burgey

It does look good now. Mobile skin is really nice. The only missing functionality that I can see is the ability to get the list of posts by every user in a thread. Hopefully search function is better to compensate for that. Otherwise, it's all good.
What mobile skin?

vcs

There are 169 styles available from XenForo that we could look to apply on the site:

Please feel free to offer up suggestions from that list.
None of them really seem to fit the bill. If you can just change the background page color to dark blue, that would be perfect.

vcs

Not happening on mine. Same resolution. Chrome.

Have you tried zooming?
I zoomed up to 150% and it fills up the space nicely, but the font size is too big for my liking. I don't understand why only I see this issue. Any suggestions, James?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Posts made by posters in the ignore list are completely invisible unless quoted by someone. I think this might be new? Regardless, I approve.
Yep, a great advantage of XenForo. Much better than the the old 'YOU ARE IGNORING THIS USER. ARE YOU YOU SURE DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS POST?!?!?!?!' of the old one.

Reminds me to check and see if my ignore list is still there, though no-one on it really posts anymore.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like to find something to complain about just to be a bitter bitch but... it looks great.

CWers, feel free to slide into my DMs for some cybering.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hey there, I don't visit their site but we are using the XenForo platform which is one of the leaders in the forum market. Many sites use it, and vBulletin isn't what it once was with their new versions.

It's very good of you to bring it up - it's perhaps something worth considering. In the 19 years the site has been around, I've never wanted to take $ from members though - the mission has always been to create a fun enjoyable place for cricket fans young & old to discuss cricket and to put the advertising revenue into building onto the site. I almost feel as though it would be unfair of me and the site, in general, to set something like this up now during the current world pandemic. Of course, happy to discuss further though.
I pay $2/month via Patreon for another forum (entirely voluntary) as do another 50 or so members and it means they've been able to remove Google ads entirely (the admin were getting a few flags from Google about the content on the forums even though the content was being used perfectly acceptably in the context of the discussions).

I'm sure many posters would happy toss in a couple of dollars a month to keep the hamster wheel spinning.