• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to the new CricketWeb Forums

How many Posts per Page do you think should be set?

Votes: 24 60.0%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I have personally provided many consistent dollars via Patreon to artists and content providers over the years. And CW would definitely be near the top of my list of voluntary contributions.

anil1405

International Captain
I've got a strange problem. I was unable to access the site/forum since yesterday and I am able to access it now and that's only because I am on my mobile data right now. And when I switch back to wifi I am unable to open the site or the forum.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hey there, I don't visit their site but we are using the XenForo platform which is one of the leaders in the forum market. Many sites use it, and vBulletin isn't what it once was with their new versions.

It's very good of you to bring it up - it's perhaps something worth considering. In the 19 years the site has been around, I've never wanted to take $ from members though - the mission has always been to create a fun enjoyable place for cricket fans young & old to discuss cricket and to put the advertising revenue into building onto the site. I almost feel as though it would be unfair of me and the site, in general, to set something like this up now during the current world pandemic. Of course, happy to discuss further though.
With BF, it was an opt in thing. You'd pay a yearly membership which was pretty cheap and it'd get rid of all advertising. I had it for a few years.

From memory there was no premium content or anything like that. I think subscribers just got a little badge next to their name and all advertising was removed for them on their browser. I'd happily pay a reasonable amount for that because I spend a lot of online time here and hate advertising. Agree with you 100% though that it's better for content to be free for people who want/need that and ads make that happen.