• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Shut up, you :p

In my defence, I wasn't wearing shoes & the ground was rock solid; it was also highly likely that I could've stepped on something unsavoury :mellow:

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`m more laughing in that the poor female has to stand away in the outfield, while the men are all close around the pitch. Seems a bit slack on their behalf.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nnanden said:
I`m more laughing in that the poor female has to stand away in the outfield, while the men are all close around the pitch. Seems a bit slack on their behalf.
Well she didn't want to bat or bowl, so what else do you do? My favourite bit was Wes going to get the ball from some kind of black gang playing football.. We were in a right ghetto area and looked kind of out of place

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha, sort of ? really out of place lol :p
or the fact that wes was the reincarnation of mr G.Boycott.. .:D
as to be seen in Neil's video...another one wes? naahhhh
good fun :D fond memmories :D

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Oh yes it was :D

I've dug this up because I'm now working at Edgbaston Cricket Centre, which means I can get a net for £22 per hour (around 6 people per lane but they're not too fussy) if people want to do another meet-up in the summer :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, 2007.

This thread, aside from making Phoenix Fire look really bloody silly, has given me the spark of an idea.

Last summer we got 10 CWers together in Birmingham and messed around with an incrediball for an afternoon. This summer, why can't we get 11 together, find a willing club in the Midlands to host us one Sunday in August, and play as the Cricket Web XI for the first time?

As is obvious from the history of CW meetups, nothing happens unless I organise it, so shotgun the captaincy. What I want to know is: who will in the UK next summer and willing to spend one Sunday afternoon representing Cricket Web on the field of play?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should definitely make this.
Going on holiday for 2 weeks in mid/late August which should be the only time i can't do it and i live centrally so won't be needing transport etc.