• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I didnt hear the comments. Were they from SA commentators? If so its no surprise. SA voices are the most biased I have heard. Its all part of a defensive mechanism and in the new SA noone is allowed to criticise anything. Believe me, they would be making different comments off air. Kind of feeds into the KP backlash.

If you want to know how favourably they look on SA cricket, the main channel here wanted 6 palyers in the ICC World XI :blink:
Haha, Boucher as keeper again with Amla coming in at 3 I imagine :ph34r:

Though as TT Boy mentioned earlier in this thread during the 2nd test, some of the SA commentators (Richards and Wessels in particular) can be critical of the SA team, but the problem is they're always going on about them, whether they're praising them or criticising them. Very rarely are they talking about the game from a middle or unbiased POV.

I don't mind Barry Richards, though I don't think he's anything special, same with Wessels. Donald when talking about fast bowlers is good to listen too, but otherwise he's too parochial, and I used to not mind Robin Jackman but now he sort of bugs me, since he was the one pushing the "SA's day" call the most. Fair enough saying they've dragged themselves back in the match, but its always about SA. And when he tried to suggest that Karthick actually got an inside edge on the ball in which he was out, I just laughed. Barry Richards shut him down though, but still, when there's so clearly no edge, I have no idea how he could claim there was.

Anyway, the thing that stands out though is the fact that Aussie supporters were saying the same thing during Aus' tour of SA earlier this year, so its clearly not just a one-off.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
  • When it`s India`s turn to bat?

:ph34r:
Shush, it's not like Australia can do any better... atleast our batsmen don't get scared when the ball is moving and bouncing. Your players are only flat track bullies, that's how you win most of your games. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just a part of the 1st day bulletin I found quite cool. They were making comparisons between this 3rd test, and the Ind vs. Aus Sydney test of 2004.

And as India look to day two on a pitch that should still be a slumbering beauty, they can take plenty of heart from ghosts of New-Year-Tests past. At Sydney, they finished the opening day on 284 for 3. The unconquered batsmen? Tendulkar and Laxman.
Dejavu? Let's hope so :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, I missed the whole ODI series bar one match as I was in Miami, and even then I was barely online for it because I had an exam. Yet SS has almost 1000 more posts then me. Yikes.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha, I missed the whole ODI series bar one match as I was in Miami, and even then I was barely online for it because I had an exam. Yet SS has almost 1000 more posts then me. Yikes.
The worst bit is, is that he's proud of being a social cretin.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Actually, this series has been fortunate for me as its between two terms at college, so I have more time.

Unfortunately, SS shall recede into the background a bit starting next week. :cry:

Dravid

International Captain
Guys you got me wrong. When I said declare at 400, I meant that must be the minimum. But we need to declare tomorrow, or at least after tomorrows play. We shouldn't bat on day 3 because then time could really go against if South Africa can produce something big in their innings