• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

adharcric

International Coach
Yoh adharcric what was Ganguly saying?
When Dravid and Ganguly were batting against Harris, I heard Ganguly saying in hindi to his mate about Harris, "don't worry, he can't land two balls on the same spot".
As for the real sledging, I already forgot what he said but it was funny. Laxman was pretty funny too.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
When Dravid and Ganguly were batting against Harris, I heard Ganguly saying in hindi to his mate about Harris, "don't worry, he can't land two balls on the same spot".
As for the real sledging, I already forgot what he said but it was funny. Laxman was pretty funny too.
In fine company then, Anil Kumble couldn't do to that in the first innings...:)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You said umpiring decisions eventually even out and don't make a difference. Anyways, not a big deal.
I said it swings & roundabouts usually. Umpiring decisions of course make a difference but I just can’t see how 'Turbinator' could suggest that if it wasn’t for the umpire, India would have not lost the second test and that South Africa’s victory isn’t genuine. This isn’t Pakistan 1987.

adharcric

International Coach
I said it swings & roundabouts usually. Umpiring decisions of course make a difference but I just can’t see how 'Turbinator' could suggest that if it wasn’t for the umpire, India would have not lost the second test and that South Africa’s victory isn’t genuine. This isn’t Pakistan 1987.
Well, I don't consider the 2nd test a proper match because of the extent to which the umpires influenced it with poor decisions. The South African win was genuine though, because they outplayed India and if you get outplayed, irregardless of umpiring decisions, you should lose. IMO it wasn't a proper test match but South Africa deserved the win.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll still say if it weren't for most of the calls that went against us, we would've drawn. But, if it wasn't for the bad light, we would've most definitely lost anyway. However, I do take back the comment about the genuine win, I was running high on emotions.

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Indian team should draw courage from the former skipper's choice of words today and win this game.

Sourav Ganguly has said India have a chance to win the third Test and clinch the series against South Africa

adharcric

International Coach
Haha, worst article.

"Everything that India did well was due to Ganguly in some way."
Haha, missed that part. Ganguly's return has provided a spark in the team though. There aren't too many guys in Indian cricket with attitude and aggression.
Ganguly, Sreesanth, Karthik, Laxman ... certainly good to have a few of these guys in your team.

JustTool

State 12th Man
DROP Tendulkar

From cricinfo:

Watching Tendulkar was embarrassing
He simply had no intent
Sambit Bal

January 5, 2007

'Tendulkar pottered and scratched, padded and swiveled, nudged and tapped and the Indian innings came to a standstill' © Getty Images

Watching Sachin Tendulkar bat today was depressing. The bowling was good - Shaun Pollock was on the mark, Paul Harris was turning it from the rough. The fielding was sharp. Perhaps Tendulkar had a bad back. Perhaps his elbow was hurting. But none of this quite explained the crawl that he subjected himself to.

He looked like a man weighed down by his own doubts; a man who didn't believe he could take runs off a debutant spin bowler. He ended up making the pitch look more unplayable than it perhaps was, and plunged his team into despair

Tendulkar has FAILED in EVERY PRESSURE situation. He failed as captain. COmapre that to Ricky or Lara. And look at how the Aussies retire on a high.
(end quoted article)

Let's hear all the imbeciles come out and defend him

DROP TENDULKAR ! NOW !!

adharcric

International Coach
In other news, the India U-19 side is touring New Zealand later this month. This is the best way for India to produce consistent batsmen overseas. Tanmay Srivastava and Virat Kohli are both in the squad so this should be a great experience for them. Ishant Sharma, Yo Mahesh and Abu Nechim are all in the Chawla-led side as well. Good stuff. Let's hope we get some overseas tours for India A as well, so the likes of Uthappa, Dhawan, Raina, Badrinath and Rao are tested in foreign conditions.

adharcric

International Coach
From cricinfo:

Watching Tendulkar was embarrassing
He simply had no intent
Sambit Bal

January 5, 2007

'Tendulkar pottered and scratched, padded and swiveled, nudged and tapped and the Indian innings came to a standstill' © Getty Images

Watching Sachin Tendulkar bat today was depressing. The bowling was good - Shaun Pollock was on the mark, Paul Harris was turning it from the rough. The fielding was sharp. Perhaps Tendulkar had a bad back. Perhaps his elbow was hurting. But none of this quite explained the crawl that he subjected himself to.

He looked like a man weighed down by his own doubts; a man who didn't believe he could take runs off a debutant spin bowler. He ended up making the pitch look more unplayable than it perhaps was, and plunged his team into despair

Tendulkar has FAILED in EVERY PRESSURE situation. He failed as captain. COmapre that to Ricky or Lara. And look at how the Aussies retire on a high.
(end quoted article)

Let's hear all the imbeciles come out and defend him

DROP TENDULKAR ! NOW !!
Yet he is the third highest run-getter in this series thus far. He was disappointing yesterday but you, I and Sambhit Bal are in no position to comment on his style of play because we don't know the scope of his injury. He is finally looking good this series - this would be a stupid time to drop him. Then again, you're Just-a-Tool.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In other news, the India U-19 side is touring New Zealand later this month. This is the best way for India to produce consistent batsmen overseas. Tanmay Srivastava and Virat Kohli are both in the squad so this should be a great experience for them. Ishant Sharma, Yo Mahesh and Abu Nechim are all in the Chawla-led side as well. Good stuff. Let's hope we get some overseas tours for India A as well, so the likes of Uthappa, Dhawan, Raina, Badrinath and Rao are tested in foreign conditions.
Not too sure what our Under 19 side is like, Todd Astle will probably be in the side but he will be the only one that I know of.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Drop Tendulkar !

More Tendulkar "GENIUS'.....quote: :laugh:

V.V.S. Laxman, pushed by Tendulkar for a second run, was caught short when Pollock fired in a throw from deep square-leg to wicketkeeper Mark Boucher. In a Test on the boil, this was a needless risk.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Yet he is the third highest run-getter in this series thus far. He was disappointing yesterday but you, I and Sambhit Bal are in no position to comment on his style of play because we don't know the scope of his injury. He is finally looking good this series - this would be a stupid time to drop him. Then again, you're Just-a-Tool.
You can get personal if you want. You are the one being fooled here by STUPID STATISTICS - how many tests has Tendular won for India especially in pressure situations: ZERO. Was he successful as captain: NO

Compared to Gavaskar he is NOTHING. He should be dropped !! NOW !