• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone better? Also Pakistan have made worse spin bowlers look good over the years (Michael Yardy, Jamie Dalrymple...).
Jamie Dalrymple 12 wickets@39.91
Michael Yardy 4wickets@26.50
Robin Peterson 15wickets@58.8

Now tell me why you think your SA spinner is better than Dalrymple or Yardy?.

Marisa 7

Cricket Spectator
Is Younis Khan gay?

Sorry to interrupt such a serious cricket discussion, but i have read that Younis Khan is gay....Is this true? How can this be possible. He doesn't act gay. (not tht I have anything against gay people!)Please tell me that this is not true. He is one of my Favourite players:( :( :(
Thanks

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sorry to interrupt such a serious cricket discussion, but i have read that Younis Khan is gay....Is this true? How can this be possible. He doesn't act gay. (not tht I have anything against gay people!)Please tell me that this is not true. He is one of my Favourite players:( :( :(
Thanks
Who cares?

FRAZ

International Captain
Why are you talking about Neil McKenzie when I'm talking about Asim Kamal?:huh:
OK I meant he is a better version of Neil Mckenzie and for me Neil was a good player and I am a little concerned about his premature evacuation from the top level cricket.
I meant that Asim has some what same style........ Anyways !!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
OK I meant he is a better version of Neil Mckenzie and for me Neil was a good player and I am a little concerned about his premature evacuation from the top level cricket.
I meant that Asim has some what same style........ Anyways !!
Haha, was that deliberate or is it just the funniest co-incidence in my recent memory? :laugh:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Thanks
Haha, most random, out of the blue thing ever. And as said before, even if he is who cares?

shortpitched713

International Captain
If I were the Pakistan management, I'd field a team of reserves for the 20-20. The key players desperately need to be rested before the World Cup, and a 20-20 would be as good a time to test the quality of your reserves as any other.

FRAZ

International Captain
If I were the Pakistan management, I'd field a team of reserves for the 20-20. The key players desperately need to be rested before the World Cup, and a 20-20 would be as good a time to test the quality of your reserves as any other.
For my liking ,Pakistan gotta get practice and all the key players gotta get some practice and I guess that it's a great opportunity for the so called key players . What rest do the batsmen need ?They already rest a lot after playing a couple of balls !!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
He's used that term a few times now. Never ceases to be humorous to me.
What you are up to ? Just talk ? I am talking and making a lot of sense .... I have used the word Excellent 5000 times and Jono got the most excellents ..Are you jealous that you never got even one ?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks
Welcome, best first post ever IMHO:cool:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Thanks

Haha, if you had nothing against gay people, why are you hoping this is not true?

And I agree. Best first post ever.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
I reckon Robbie Bloody Pietersen's in the side because Boje has retired & he's less of a muppet with the bat than Harris. SA may just have awoken to the fact that spinners exist in Tests, but it'll take a little while longer for it to dawn on them in the shorter game.

Harris is also a bit of a liability in the field.

Just playing devil's advocate here, while I feel Robbie P may not actually be the worst spinner to have played internationally in the history of the game, there aren't too many ahead of him in the list.

shortpitched713

International Captain
For my liking ,Pakistan gotta get practice and all the key players gotta get some practice and I guess that it's a great opportunity for the so called key players . What rest do the batsmen need ?They already rest a lot after playing a couple of balls !!!!
Please, key players like Asif, Gul, Shabbir, Malik, Inzi and some others really do not need to risk getting injured in some ******* 20-20 and screw up our chances of winning in the World Cup. Surely that can't be so difficult to understand.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Robbie Bloody Pietersen's in the side because Boje has retired & he's less of a muppet with the bat than Harris. SA may just have awoken to the fact that spinners exist in Tests, but it'll take a little while longer for it to dawn on them in the shorter game.

Harris is also a bit of a liability in the field.

Just playing devil's advocate here, while I feel Robbie P may not actually be the worst spinner to have played internationally in the history of the game, there aren't too many ahead of him in the list.
Robbie P is also one of South Africa’s finest fielders, excellent arm and very safe pair of hands. Sure there is far better wicket taking spinning options open for South Africa but if you want a guy who can bat, field and send down a few overs then Robbie P’s your man. Harris is a liability for any international one day outfit, yeah he can bowl but his arm is weak, he can’t catch, slow across the outfield and more importantly to the composition of the South African side he can’t bat. Robbie P’s not in the side to take fifer’s but to do a job, sure his not particularly good at that job but with Ntini, Pollock, Nel and Kallis in the side you really don’t need a spinner who will overtly attack and leak runs but a guy who will send a few overs and hopefully not get smashed and with a career economy of less than five runs an over, Peterson can do that job (sort of). But currently like Andrew Hall his only a squad player and unless the wickets are frightfully slow and low he won’t feature much in this series.

Though I dare not think what he would do in the West Indies when he may have some reasonability on his shoulders.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Robbie P is also one of South Africa’s finest fielders, excellent arm and very safe pair of hands. Sure there is far better wicket taking spinning options open for South Africa but if you want a guy who can bat, field and send down a few overs then Robbie P’s your man. Harris is a liability for any international one day outfit, yeah he can bowl but his arm is weak, he can’t catch, slow across the outfield and more importantly to the composition of the South African side he can’t bat. Robbie P’s not in the side to take fifer’s but to do a job, sure his not particularly good at that job but with Ntini, Pollock, Nel and Kallis in the side you really don’t need a spinner who will overtly attack and leak runs but a guy who will send a few overs and hopefully not get smashed and with a career economy of less than five runs an over, Peterson can do that job (sort of). But currently like Andrew Hall his only a squad player and unless the wickets are frightfully slow and low he won’t feature much in this series.

Though I dare not think what he would do in the West Indies when he may have some reasonability on his shoulders.
So you don't mind a bowler who's not really in the team to take wickets and create pressure?.It's like Panesar v Giles as Gilo is a good fielder and can get some runs but Monty is the much better spinner.If I was a SA supporter I'd much rather have Harris who would be a wicket taking option as opposed to Peterson who will probably bowl 5-6 overs for 35-40 runs.One day cricket is about taking wickets and building pressure