• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
A bit of an odd decision to give the Man of the Series award to Tendulkar...would've gone for Chanderpaul or Dravid myself.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, MoS doesn't make sense. Ah well, who cares? Hopefully Sachin can come good for the WC. His Test record is still dire in recently though, hopefully he can turn it around.

41 ODI centuries, crazy.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey, btw, you know during the lunch break... did anyone see the guy talking to Arun Lal, man did he look and talk like SS or what. I swear SS if you saw him, it would've been like looking in the mirror. Not only did he somewhat look like you, but he also talked like you too :cool:. Haha, it was kind of a coincidence, or maybe it was 2:30 am and I was hallucinating :unsure:.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hey, btw, you know during the lunch break... did anyone see the guy talking to Arun Lal, man did he look and talk like SS or what. I swear SS if you saw him, it would've been like looking in the mirror. Not only did he somewhat look like you, but he also talked like you too :cool:. Haha, it was kind of a coincidence, or maybe it was 2:30 am and I was hallucinating :unsure:.
I am not sure how to feel about you hallucinating about me at 2:30AM. :blink:

adharcric

International Coach
I am not sure how to feel about you hallucinating about me at 2:30AM. :blink:
I feel the pain. Had it been a 20-year old chick hallucinating about you, life would be great. As things stand, you have a 14-year old Canadian kid hallucinating about you. Good luck.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel the pain. Had it been a 20-year old chick hallucinating about you, life would be great. As things stand, you have a 14-year old Canadian kid hallucinating about you. Good luck.
Okay nevermind I said anything :@ ... btw, I am 16.

P.S. I am pretty sure I wasn't hallucinating :@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Uthappa is equally destructive but far more reliable, is he not?
Sehwag has done nothing over the past year or two to deserve a trip to the World Cup.
Sehwag, Pathan were poor but weren’t dropped till very late and after Pathan was brought back, we might bring back Sehwag as well. The selection committee under More had erred while picking the teams. Indian preparation for the world cup has been left till too late.. We have to resort to try out Uthappa right now and even if he has a few good innings and a few bad ones, we cannot assess his reliability as we would like. Then there is Gambhir of course.

That many players were pretty poor in the last 18 months holds little weight because the team management and selectors were pretty rigid regarding specific players (Ganguly comes to mind instantly as does Kumble) when they should have tried the players who had been too good to ignore in the past or who looked promising enough. Australia rested a few players for the Champions Trophy for instance to get their team right as they approached the world cup for instance.

Now, we have this situation where two players - Pathan is being tried again and Sehwag might be played as well just because we do not know how x y z players are because there isn't much time to give x y z players a proper run. The Indian selection policies over the past 18 months or so have been a joke. I am blaming the Kiran More lead committe and not the Vengsarkar lead committee here.

The Vengsarkar lead group are fixing the damage as much as possible and have done a good job of it. They brought back players, have tried people (even Jaffer in South Africa was at least an attempt to get things right). Some things have clicked while others haven't and that is fair enough. What isn't fair though is that crucial world cup spots like who will open will be decided based on what pans out in the next four games versus Sri Lanka.

It is an emotional roller coaster the youngsters could have done well to do without as well because such shorter runs harm more than build players. That the moves of the new selection committee seem to be working is a very good sign though and augurs well for India for the world cup.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not anti-Tendulkar but just because he scored a hundred against an awful WI attack does not mean that he is back in form.I will fully appreciate that Tendulkar's still got it when he makes runs in pressure situations against the likes of Australia or Pakistan.
Powell,Emrit,Bradshaw and Dwayne Smith opening the bowling!!.Taylor and Bravo will slot back into the line up which will make the WI bowling reasonable in the WC.

Nishant

International 12th Man
tendulkar is not at his best yet...although i dont think he cud have done any better today. He needs to do well against sri lanka as well, and then i''ll be convinced!

Although i do believe that this performance would silence a few critics who think that tendulkar should be dropped! Although this does not secure his test position!

pacespinner

Cricket Spectator
I don't think we should undermine the talent that Tendulkar has and no matter what people might say, he is going to be in Indian line up in the upcoming worldcup. About Sehwag, we should not let him rest, we should make him play, even as a tailender. Let him warm up for the world cup, coz it is for sure that he is going to play. He might as well just stay in line and hit few fours.
I don't understand the point to include Gambhir though. He should be rested, while Sehwag plays and Utthappa plays as an opener. We have a tendency to kick out players if they don't perform in their first game, and that is wrong. Not much good cricketers have played their best in their first international game of their life.
If I was the selector, I would put Utthappa and Ganguly as openers, then Tendulkar and Sehwag to follow, then Dravid and Uvaraj, then Dhoni and Pathan and last but not the least Sreesanth, Agarkar and Harbhajan. Sreesanth can be a choice over Agarkar. We even have Kumble, but depending upon the crease condition, Agarkar and Kumble can be exchanged. I don't know what to do with Zaheer, may be keep him in case of injuries. I would rather play Zaheer than Agarkar.
Another thing is Ganguly's exclusion, we cannot have that anymore. At the brink of world cup, we need all the strong force together as crickinfo.com puts it in the following link:
<http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvwi/content/current/story/278350.html>

We cannot play around with openers anymore, may be it's better we change coach Greg. We will get another one for cheap!!!

Last edited: