• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Having Paul Nixon in your avatar is hardly punishment though, its the fashionable thing to do.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right, if England win a single game in the finals, I'll have Paul Nixon in my avatar till Australia's first game in the World Cup.
If England win a single game in the finals, I'll have that picture of Jack as my avatar.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I get quite sick of Fleming bashing, simply because NZ fans need one scapegoat to blame the entire match on.
I'd like to qualify my "Fleming bashing" by adding that I am a big fan of his, and am constantly defending him from the barbs of ignoramuses (in the real world, not on CW). In this instance though, I genuinely believe Fleming's innings cost us the game.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
I'd like to qualify my "Fleming bashing" by adding that I am a big fan of his, and am constantly defending him from the barbs of ignoramuses (in the real world, not on CW). In this instance though, I genuinely believe Fleming's innings cost us the game.
I agree with you. I think it is a heavy burden to captain and be the best batsman. Ponting has managed it, but Vaughan who IMO is a great captain has not had the same success with the bat as he did before he took up the captaincy.

When Fleming is batting fluently he is a pleasure to watch. He is also a great tactician. However, he has been doing both for the last 10 years and more recently neither have been going that well. So maybe it is time for him to concentrate on being a batsman only.

Maybe Vettori or Oram should have a go at the captaincy.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nice performances from the Durham duo, Plunkett coming back from his initial load of rubbish. The seam position Plunkett gets on the ball is brilliant but he's simply not bowled the overs yet in his lifetime to control where the ball goes. His cameo with the bat pushes his ODI batting average up to 22.72 at a strike rate of 87, pretty handy.
It is interesting to note that Plunkett took 3-60, a set of hypothetical figures that's been much discussed and written off as too expensive in recent times, yet I dare say without the 3 wickets, NZ would've cruised home.

howardj

International Coach
I think these finals games will be Gilchrist's last ODIs before the World Cup.

I'm betting that he'll skip the Chappell Hadlee series, as he hasn't rested all Summer.

Plus, I think his wife is due to give birth in two weeks.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It is interesting to note that Plunkett took 3-60, a set of hypothetical figures that's been much discussed and written off as too expensive in recent times, yet I dare say without the 3 wickets, NZ would've cruised home.
Ahh, but if he hadn't have been so expensive - as in, he took 0/40 instead - he wouldn't have needed the wickets and NZ would have been too far behind the 8 ball in terms of run rate.

brockley

International Captain
Be wise to rest gilchrist and take haddin to the chappell hadlee trophy,haddin may indeed replace symmo at the world cup so worth giving him a run.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't suprise me if we actually won the series, just to give us a big dose of false hope going into the World Cup...
I think so too.

I very highly doubt it will be a full-strength Australian team. I don't think Gilchrist will come, or McGrath, and I'm not entirely convinced Ponting will.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I very highly doubt it will be a full-strength Australian team. I don't think Gilchrist will come, or McGrath, and I'm not entirely convinced Ponting will.
Well, we have to provide Scaly Piscine with some more ammunition for the next year or so don't we?