• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**OFFICIAL Cricketweb Football Premiership Discussion and Results Thread** Season 1

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Captains,

Sorry for the delay in putting up the updated Data Sheets.. I totally forgot about them... I will try and post them up this afternoon, and ask once they are done can you please get your teamsheets in ASAP after that...
Any news on those data sheets?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe you should just have a stock improvement for all at the end of each season? With maybe a slight slight slight slight improvement above and beyond for high achievers....

?
Something that a lot of other leagues that use the same sim do is make older players reduce in points in training using the re-rates thing, so younger players can catch up. In theory older players who perform very well are the only ones that improve, most just level off or reduce their stats slowly.

The problem going down this option is that we will be stuffed once Internationals come around as we need 50 plus players to be competitive. But i think something like this needs to be looked at as ATM there is no real way for younger players to catch up to older players and its making league quite boring. The other problem with this is that it will just make young players who are already dominate, even more dominate.

Also the stats of the back up keepers need to be looked, basically ATM its near impossible to win without a first choice keeper. You basically giving a three goal head start in every game.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just realised I messed up and had Richards on the bench for the last game against the Stallions. :@

Sorry Dave, but I it shows the team in a good light. Not everyone can have such a brilliant result with its main CW International rested :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Sent teamsheet, but i sent it to cwfa(@)cricketmail.net , not the CWFA(@)cricketmail.net, would the captial letters make a difference? I can re-send if required.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Just realised I messed up and had Richards on the bench for the last game against the Stallions. :@

Sorry Dave, but I it shows the team in a good light. Not everyone can have such a brilliant result with its main CW International rested :)
no worries, figured i was being eased back into it after my injury anyway

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricketweb Premiership Gameday 14

Island Swell vs Central United
at Clowich Stadium

The second placed Swell took on Central United in a game they were expected to win comfortably.. Central were without numerous key players, but most of all without Inspirational Keeper Zac Ritchie.. It was up to fill in Jan Tomassen to step up and make a name for himself..

Northern Power vs Western Dynamo
at Robbham Arena

An Interesting match was in store at the Robbham Arena, The 5th placed Power hosted the 3rd placed Dynamo. The Dynamo had fallen in a heap in recent weeks and were struggling to stay in touch with the leaders, whilst the Power had all of a sudden found some form and were looking good.. A danger game for the Dynamo...

Southern Stallions vs East Coast Fury
at Edfield Stadium

Last vs First.. A game that really had massacre written all over it.. However the Fury had not demolished a team all year despite being unbeaten.. The Stallions on the other hand had fallen in a heap in recent weeks after a couple of promising performances.. Coming off an 11-1 drubbing to the Swell, they had no friends in the betting ring...

Attachments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Casulty Ward

Zac_Ritchie (cen) is injured for 4 weeks with a back injury
Nitin_Dravid (eas) is injured for 2 weeks with a groin strain
Collins_Mbasa (isl) is injured for 2 weeks with a bruised shin
Nico_Borcic (isl) is injured for 1 week with a head injury
S_Jasotharan (isl) is injured for 0 weeks after shaking off a minor injury
Xavier_Rose (nor) is injured for 1 week with a twisted ankle
Rune_Nielsen (sou) is injured for 3 weeks with a hamstring strain
J_Baskabta (sou) is injured for 1 week with a hamstring strain

Suspension Room

D_Dubb-Lynch (cen) is suspended for 1 games
Neil_Pickup (isl) is suspended for 1 games
Daniel_Towns (sou) is suspended for 1 games
Ben_Jones (sou) is suspended for 1 games
Mat_Mitchell (cen) is suspended for 2 games
Dave_Kearsley (eas) is suspended for 1 game
T_Lacewkri (eas) is suspended for 1 game
Håkon_Mørk (isl) is suspended for 2 games
Jack_McNamara (sou) is suspended for 2 games

Table

Code:
Pl   Team                    P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1    East Coast Fury        14   11   3   0    31   10   21    36
2    Island Swell           14    8   3   3    54   27   27    27
3    Western Dynamo         14    7   2   5    37   36    1    23
4    Central United         14    5   3   6    15   19   -4    18
5    Northern Power         14    3   1  10    13   29  -16    10
6    Southern Stallions     14    1   2  11     6   35  -29     5
Weekly Roundup

Code:
Team of the Week
GK: Ryan_Dunn                 (eas)
DF: Brendon_Goff              (eas)
DF: P_O'Shannesy              (eas)
DF: Dave_Kearsley             (eas)
DF: Paddy_Gundry              (nor)
MF: Nathan_Hoy                (eas)
MF: Liam_Camps                (isl)
MF: Dave_Richards             (isl)
MF: G_Sriram                  (cen)
FW: M_Hutchinson              (isl)
FW: Kev_Gough                 (isl)

Weekly Breakdown
Total Goals:- 9
Goals From :-
Defenders  : 1  
Midfielders: 1  
Forwards   : 7  
Own Goals  : 0  

Weekly Totals
Shots            : 107
Shots On target  : 53
Shots Off target : 54
Fouls            : 106
Yellow Cards     : 9
Red Cards        : 4
Corners          : 20

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great Performance Fury!!!

Hoy was on fire!!!!!!

Bloody sideline ref has it in for me, ffs i was onside by a mile... get some glasses fella :dry:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How I managed to keep that to 0-3 is beyond me. However, it was good to not go down 10-0. We need to look to build for next season, we have a lot of work ahead of us.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We still have this roll on. :)

Each week we are getting fine performances from a number of guys. This round it was Camps and Hutchinson.

Disappointed to see Hakon sent off as he has been brilliant recently.

Lets try and keep this level of play up and hope The Fury start losing.