• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential Shocks - Who will cause the Biggest Upset?

Steulen

International Regular
Maybe a shock result is a bridge too far, but the minnows are certainly able of a shock performance, like the Davison onslaught against the Windies in 2003, or India 204ao against the Dutch in that same competition.

However much I'd like to see it, I can't see Australia / South Africa actually lose to the Scots or Dutch in the group, but I hope we'll see a Davisonesque century by the likes of Reekers or RTD in one of those games at least.

Ireland might very well beat Zimbabwe and I would not call that a shock result.

Canada is the most unpredictable of the minnows. IMO, the team most likely to be all out in double figures and the team most likely to nail a big scalp at the same time.

southafrica

Cricket Spectator
Who has the potential to cause the BIGGEST World Cup upset?

Kenya upset in 2003, making the semi finals, Zimbabwe have made the last two quater finals, Bangladesh have beaten the Aussies in recent times... I have a good feeling about Canada...

Okay, so none of these teams stand a real chance of lifting the trophy, but which team can cause an upset by knocking out one of the big teams or making the Quater / Semi Finals?

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!:sleep: :) :) :)

Nishant

International 12th Man
not sure if any of the teams really will this time....all of the big teams are in gd form and have a chance of lifting the trophy this year

if i had to choose, it would be kenya...but i dont think it'll happen!

adharcric

International Coach
My mistake, I didn't realise the World Cup Forum was invisible until a user had made more than three posts.:cool:
Haha give em a break. That said, people need to stop making ****ing WC threads in here.

EDIT: Especially ones that already exist in the WC forum ...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Moved it... can't spot the already-existing thread, mind.

For my money, Ireland to beat Pakistan if they bat second.

DCC_legend

International Regular
i reckon ireland have a decent chance in this world cup, maybe not with there bowling attack but irelands batting is pretty good.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Bangladesh will reach semi-final in this WC
Oh dear me, that is just too much to say at this point brother :sleep:!!!!!

Firstly we have to keep in mind that no matter how good cricket the guys have played in the recent past, they're more of HOME TIGERS as like most other subcontinental teams!

The recent concluded Zimbabwe tour was a good practice for the team (i.e. to play under pressure and win!), but it was in no way a proof of solidarity as to what we can expect from BD in the world cup.

My bet would be on BD beating either Sri Lanka or India. But heck, both those sides, unless they're having a bad day would shoot any team out :unsure:!!!!!

Sticking to the topic, I'd say BD wins against SL.....this is more likely.....IF.....SL has a bad day :wacko:!!!!!