• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Chappell-Hadlee Series

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I meant in general really, during and after the Champions Trophy there were all sorts of comments about his "dodgy technique" and how he wasn't good enough to cut it at international level. He's going to be a key part of our middle order if he can get sorted at #5 and the selectors stop trying to make him into a Test opener. In ODI's I think it's fair to say he will be our #5 and McMillan should be his only competition up until the WC.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Who do NZ drop when Oram returns? McMillan and Fulton both playing gun innings here. It's a few games away, but I almost reckon it might be Styris at this rate...
McmIllan. he'll play one of these innings once in every 10 or so matches, if he's lucky. Fulton's class and a good long term option. We know what Styris can do (think against Aus last year, etc) but he's coming back from injury, and needs time in the middle. McMillan has had plenty of time in the middle since his recall, and thus far has had two good innings. His fielding is questionable and I can't believe he gets wickets.

moshnz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think Ian Smith is right, Hussey needs to bring a few men in and create pressure with singles and try for a run out.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
clutching straws there mate
I don't think he's making excuses at all, he's just stating a truth. His field places have been terrible and very reactive to shots, which is not a sign of a good captain.

In other news, **** me, these Kiwi commentators. Annoying me almost as much as the Australian ones.

NZTailender

I meant in general really, during and after the Champions Trophy there were all sorts of comments about his "dodgy technique" and how he wasn't good enough to cut it at international level. He's going to be a key part of our middle order if he can get sorted at #5 and the selectors stop trying to make him into a Test opener. In ODI's I think it's fair to say he will be our #5 and McMillan should be his only competition up until the WC.
I think Styris and Fulton should be swapped depend on batting 1st/2nd. I can see Styris making a bigger difference in a run chase as opposed to setting a target (despite what we're seeing here) while Fulton batting at 4 batting first will make a decent score, one would hope.

:ph34r:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I meant in general too, I had the feeling he'd been found out at this level. But after his innings today I'm happy to say I got that wrong.

27 from 28.

NZTailender

Yeah I meant in general too, I had the feeling he'd been found out at this level. But after his innings today I'm happy to say I got that wrong.

27 from 28.
And to think he was left out to find some runs in the domestic comp, even though, AFAIK, there are no matches being played until after Tuesday.