• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Contracted Players/Press Release Thread

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
The Cricketweb Colts have signed two more players to long term contracts. Former Black allrounder Mike Wilson has agreed to a 4 year contract and long term Colts member and regular U19 Cricketweb International James Malthus-Howell has agreed to a 3 year contract. Captain Kyle Wright said, that the signing proved the team could attract talent from other sides while it still is loyal to its vetrans. "We've shown this offseason that we've able to attract some big names to the Colts, but we also haven't forgotten the guys, who for the last few years have given the Colts great service." Wright Said.

Mike Wilson (4 Years, A Level Contract)
James Malthus-Howell (3 Years, C Level Contract)
Very happy to confirm

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hancock Finally Signs

Cricketweb Colts stalwart Nick Hancock has finally answered his phone after an extended holiday and has agreed to a three year contract with the Colts.

NR Hancock (3 Years, Level B Contract)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
One of CWLand's most loyal and devoted players, Red fast bowler Dave Watt, has agreed to a five-year deal with the club, leaving him signed until the age of 29. The aggressive seamer with both ODI and Test caps for CW XI said he would not consider offers from any other clubs, and would be enjoying playing with Reds for the rest of his career.
Confirmed.

Wouldn't be seen in another uniform domestically!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Dela Cruz agrees to a five-year deal with Red

CW Red batsman and increasingly nagging off-spinner Robertinho Dela Cruz has put pen to paper on a five-year deal with the side, stating his desire to be a one-team man. "I've got no desire or intention to pursue a career outside of CW Red," he said in a rare appearance, in what has been an elusive few weeks for the number-three. "We're building a strong side and I want to do everything in my power to help us get to the top. I'm looking forward to what should be a cracking season, both on and off the field." :naughty:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
CW Black today completed their contracts when they signed club stalwart Alex Blackman. Despite his half-season ban for misconduct, Black have put faith in their top order batsman to come through with the goods in the back end of the season. "CW Black isn't right without him" said captain Dan Smith.

"Our squad's complete now bar the young fella's and I'm very confident everyone will play their part in our defence of both titles."

AJ Blackman (CW Black - 5 years) [B - 4 points]
Confirmed

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
By my count players that need to signed up include:

Red: Kenny and Ritchie (if he hasn't been deemed inactivity yet or retired)
Blue: Gareth
Green: Megan, Pitt, Hing
Colts: Pooja, Burke and Nick (to confirm)
Black: done and dusted

Might be time to just offer one season contracts and start assigning rookies.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bharat signs with Colts

The Colts have today secured the signature of P Bharat for two seasons on a C level contract. Bharat becomes the Colts' 13th signing as the Colts look to finalise their squad before the draft.

P Bharat (3 years, C Level Contract)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
CW Red (9 points/1-player requirement)
Håkon Mørk (c) [cc 4/5], JR Gray [2/3], DM Kennett [cc 3/5], DA Kearsley [4/5], MJ Robbins [5/4], SA Bennett [3/4], KR Clapham [2/1], MR Reddlapalli [2/3], CR Dwyer [3/3], GN Nayak [2/1], CP Thompson [2/4], MD Luff [2/3], DJ Watt [cc 5/5], RJ Dauth [cc 5/5]
Don't Red have to pay an extra 5 points?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right. Whoever does not sign a contract by Friday will be declared inactive. There are particular people who really should have signed by now, given that they've been on CW recently and fairly regularly too.

Teams will get compensation for unsigned players with extra draft picks to meet squad requirements.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Red: Kenny and Ritchie
Blue: done and dusted
Green: Megan, Pitt, Hing, Dravid
Colts: Burke
Black: done and dusted

That all of them...

Last edited: