• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**OFFICIAL Cricketweb Football Premiership Discussion and Results Thread** Season 1

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have no problem with him playing as he's not banned by the CWFA and it's only a 7dayer.

Johnners

Doesn't worry me if he plays, but like Smith would prefer players didn't play whilst on a site ban.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really have a problem with it, but I'd prefer players didn't play while on site bans ala CWXI.
You see I dont have a problem with it as Borcich plays for the Swell. Given he gets sent off in CW Football a lot, if I didnt play him when he had site bans then he would never get a game :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really think players should be able to play while they are banned on the forum. If Mitchell happy for them to play that alright with me for the future. But i've decided for this situation to make the following decision.

Northern Power FC officially suspends Justin Rodgie for the immediate future, due to undisclosed off field behaviour.

*Waits for backlash from players and fans*

Matteh

If someone gets Perma banned then i'd have no qualms preventing them from playing again. Borcich's latest month ban i'd seriously consider taking the CWXI approach in that he couldn't play, but given that Rodgie has got himself banned before the first set of games in awhile and will only miss them by a couple of days i'm not that fussed in this case.

I'm also happy for clubs to take the self-discipline route (as has just been done) in the future when there's a good enough reason for it to happen i.e. a banning. I doubt it would end up like this but i wouldn't want to see clubs suspending their own players from playing purely because they've been a bit meh towards their captain in say Off Topic.

I know there's absolutely no precedent for it in the league but for cases in the future it might be best to speak to the CWFA (or make a press release for the CWFA to confirm) and obtain a definite agreement over club suspensions just to confirm it and eliminate the chance that it might be unfair. But as i said before i severely doubt it'd happen given the nature of the captains we have.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to have the procedure in a situation like this being cleared. In the future (hopefully it doesn't happen again) I will discuss any action with the board before taking action on behalf of the team.

In other news Tactics sent to CWFA address

pasag

RTDAS
Hmm just noticed Justin got banned, can i still play him or do i have to pick someone else?
On a side note, I'd like to think my objection to Rodgie not holding a position of power in CW Football has been vindicated in the recent weeks with his behaviour on the boards.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
On a side note, I'd like to think my objection to Rodgie not holding a position of power in CW Football has been vindicated in the recent weeks with his behaviour on the boards.
I say give him a chance tell the end of the season atleast.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Always saw site bans to be the equivalent of being sent to jail by the local police - it might not be a ban from the CWFA but it certainly stops them from playing.

Matteh

Gameday 17

Central United - Southern Stallions
Stallions came into this game looking to close the gap at the bottom of the table against a Central team looking to push for 3rd place

Northside Power - East Coast Fury
East Coast appear the favourites in this game with a massive 27 points difference between the two teams, but could Northside pull off a shock?

Island Swell - Western Dynamo
2nd played 3rd in what promised to be a cracker as Dynamo look to wrestle 2nd place off the Swell.

Attachments

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Some big names out for the next round or 2. Few goals this week but injuries and sendings off.

Unlucky Swell, we had a good game but just couldnt hit the target. Looks like our title run is at last over :@

Matteh

Casualty Ward
Collins_Mbasa (ISL) is coming back from injury
Nitin_Dravid (EAS) is coming back from injury
Zac_Ritchie (CEN) is coming back from injury
Rune_Nielsen (SOU) is coming back from injury
Jardel (EAS) is coming back from injury
Tarick_Weber (cen) is injured for 4 weeks with a bruised rib
Daniel_Smith (cen) is injured for 1 week with a broken finger
Kev_Gough (isl) is injured for 2 weeks with a bruised shin

Suspension Room